5A Playoffs has of 10/19/13 or after week 8

mjuhb

I will go and watch the AC/OR game in Week 10 to get an idea of how well I think AC matches up with West.. It wouldn't be fair for me to pass judgement not having seen AC... I do know they have put up big numbers on offense..

Fair enouph, ahould be a big game, just hope AC and OR have their minds right this week

That is pretty much what we are all doing. I dont see West ending up in quad 2 but it is logical. Personally I feel that if AC, West an Campbell County all 3 end 9-1 than I would think it fair if CC or West got move to quad 2 just for the reason that if they all 3 did end that way than I would predict The state rankings as being West at 2, AC at 3 an CC at 4, I think it would be terrible for 3 of the top 4 teams in te state all at 9-1 to be bunched up in the same quad to take each other out that early.

Look at 4A Quad 1. Potentially the top 4 teams in the state could be in the same quad.

So you think a second place west team should be in front of a district champ. That is a joke. Minus Maryville the two 5 a districts are about the same. Not making any predictions, but it will get played out on the field. Should be a competitive playoff. I can't wait.

I think its only fair to reward a district champ with a #1 seed. But West is still a better team imo than some district champs.

That is pretty much what we are all doing. I dont see West ending up in quad 2 but it is logical. Personally I feel that if AC, West an Campbell County all 3 end 9-1 than I would think it fair if CC or West got move to quad 2 just for the reason that if they all 3 did end that way than I would predict The state rankings as being West at 2, AC at 3 an CC at 4, I think it would be terrible for 3 of the top 4 teams in te state all at 9-1 to be bunched up in the same quad to take each other out that early.

It is the TSSAA, so state ranking will not factor in, when they set it up. If you are going by the AP rankings as of right now:

You would have the #2, #5, #6, and #8 teams in the state all in quad 1. Then you would have the #3, #4, #7, #10 teams in the state in quad 2. That would leave #1, and #9 in quad 3, and no ranked teams in quad 4. You are going to have some avg teams in quad 3 and 4 make it a ways in the playoffs. As of right now the #2, and #3, teams out of district 5AAA would play there first 2 games against a district foe.

It is the TSSAA, so state ranking will not factor in, when they set it up. If you are going by the AP rankings as of right now:

You would have the #2, #5, #6, and #8 teams in the state all in quad 1. Then you would have the #3, #4, #7, #10 teams in the state in quad 2. That would leave #1, and #9 in quad 3, and no ranked teams in quad 4. You are going to have some avg teams in quad 3 and 4 make it a ways in the playoffs. As of right now the #2, and #3, teams out of district 5AAA would play there first 2 games against a district foe.

I know its crazy, and like the post above says that the top 4 teams in the state in 4A could all end up in the same quad, just does not seem right.  I understand the reasoning, but I would also understand if teams got changed in the quads to help make it to where they do not cancel each other out, I know that is not the case or the reasoning, just saying it would be logical.  to me the logical think would be to move CC to quad 2 seing how they could still keep the 3 seed, then  seeding is pretty much the same as would have been, just that it splits the teams up a little

The problem with all this reasoning is you can't just move teams around because of the competition in their Quad. Are you gonna do it again next year only in the west this time or the middle 2 years from now. Can't be doing that, you gotta play it the way it is now. May not seem fair but stuff happens. And yes it's gone on in the past. Not moving teams but having to play a team in your district and getting knocked out. Guess life ain't always fair.

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL

The problem with all this reasoning is you can't just move teams around because of the competition in their Quad. Are you gonna do it again next year only in the west this time or the middle 2 years from now. Can't be doing that, you gotta play it the way it is now. May not seem fair but stuff happens. And yes it's gone on in the past. Not moving teams but having to play a team in your district and getting knocked out. Guess life ain't always fair.

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL

I am not saying that it should happen, but a quick question, what is the criteria for who gets in quad 1 and who gets in quad 2?  I am not saying the original post is right, but it does have West moved to quad 2 when they were originally in quad 1, where did the poster get that info?  Or is that post way off?  That post was the sole reason we were discussing that possibility

Guys listen a district champ does not get an automativ #1 seed. The playoff criteria is all that counts. Winning a district gets you in but doesn't mean anything when it comes to seeding. They did a way with that 2 or 3 years ago.

The new standings are posted on TSSAA now & West is ahead of AC.

Where are the new standings, I have gone to TSSAA and can not find them?