Gerry Bertier's 4A Weekly Playoff Update after Week 8

Gerry Bertier

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gerry, I may missing something, but as best I can tell in quad 2  Giles Co is at 7-2 overall and the other top-5 seeded teams are all 6-2,. My question is, in seeding does it make a difference if a team finished # 1 or # 2 in their district (ie home field for the first round) or once the 8 teams qualify is the first criteria overall won-loss?

My 4A prediction! I think that the State Champ in 4A will come from the East. An even more bold prediction is I give Q1 a 75% chance it will come from that Quad and a 25% chance it will come from Q2. Quarter final round will be Q1 Fulton vs Greenville, Q2 will be Signal Mountain vs Giles County and the rest Q3 Pearl vs White House and Q4 Trez vs Dyersburg. Semis Fulton vs Signal and Pearl vs Trez with Fulton vs Pearl in the finals .....Fulton wins it all!  That's all I got to say about that!

Gerry, I think you have the 8 teams who will end up in quad 1. I doubt that Unicoi Co and Clayborn will get in with 4 wins. #1&2 will be Greeneville and Fulton. #3-6 are up for grabs depending on the outcome of Knox Catholic in the final two weeks with games with Knox Webb and Alcoa. They could be a 9-1 #1 district 4 winner or a #2 at either 8-2 or 7-3. The Elizabethton/Sullivan South winner could be the #3 or #4 seed dependent on Alcoa and the loser somewhere #4-#6 as a #2 seed. The Betsy/South game in week 10 should be interesting as both have run all over the other district teams and their common opponents (5a Tennessee Hi and Daniel Boone). They are only seperated by Betsy's Loss to 6A Science Hill in a 0 week contest. this should be the game of the week in upper East Tennessee. #7 should be Grainger (2nd place Dist 2) and #8 Scott co (wildcard from Dist 4). This is a one heck of a quad.

Gerry if Unicoi wins the last week what does that do to quad 1

It is still uncertain if they would get in with 4 wins, in 4A there will be many teams with 4 wins and it will come down to tiebreakers just like it did this week. They must win in week 10 if they want a chance to get in. If they get in then that would push Catholic back to Quad 2.