McMinn -vs- Warren

TribeFan

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

0-0 end of regulation. 0-0 after two ten minute overtimes. Winning goal came on a corner kick follow up with less than 2 minutes left in first sudden death 5 minute OT. I usually don't care for defensive games, but this was a great game for two offensive minded teams. A shame one team had to lose. MC attacked more but couldn’t find the back of the goal. WC defense and goalie were pretty good.

That was a tough loss for the lady Cherokees. Not sure how many but we had a lot of opportunities to score and never could then Warren Co. gets a cheap goal on that kick from the corner.

I was looking forward to another PK session to decide the winner. They have a good foundation to build on for next year.

That was a tough loss for the lady Cherokees. Not sure how many but we had a lot of opportunities to score and never could then Warren Co. gets a cheap goal on that kick from the corner.

I was looking forward to another PK session to decide the winner. They have a good foundation to build on for next year.

McMinn had a lot of opportunities during the game against Cleveland in the District Championship, and against Warren County last night, yet both games went into OT.  I think McMinn's defense has been awesome - especially lately - and though the offense had a lot of shots to score, they just haven't been able to get the ball in the net.  Last night's game had two of the best goalies/keepers I've ever seen play in the same game.

If you're speaking of the foundation for McMinn to build on next next year, that's putting it mildly.  Losing only two Senior starters, I expect the Lady Cherokees to make it to State next year.

Edited by blitzinbuc

• 8 months later...

I jus seen this post but Cookeville didn't tear WC apart and if u ask Oakland team I think they will tell u that wasn't a easy ride to state it was 1-0 Oakland. I don't know a whole lot bout soccer my daughter has only played for 2 years and does pretty good she got her first yellow card in that game but she saved a goal doin it. It was a good effort. Oakland good team. Ther was one ref that had a hand in the last Cookeville loss that cost us a player but hey that's why we have subs but it hurts when a ref is like this guy was