1a Playoff Projections and Scenerios?

foreveranole

You have to admit that district 7 is awful. His was a complaint with the system, not trashing Monterey. It would be a shame if Monterey is seeded first over SP, or Gordonsville for that matter. This system does not reward teams that play in a tough district.

BTW, Monterey was not as good as or better than Gordonsville. The score was evidence of that.

No district 7 is not great I agree, but cut Monterey some slack they were in that very hard region just like Gordonsville for many years. At least let them enjoy the district for a few years till it changes. And yes they're absolutely are some obvious flaws in the system, but that is the system's fault and not Monterey's.

As for the game, scores don't always tell the story. You'll have to admit Monterey was in the game very late until the last touchdown. They did hold yall to 6 points and #6 or #7, whichever number he decides to wear that half, to less than 10 yards in the first half. Everyone said the passing game would light MHS up "like a Christmas tree" but that was held to like 150 or so and 2 pics. So maybe Monterey isn't as good as Gordy, but I bet if they play yall in the playoffs you don't write it off automatically like always.

That's what's wrong with this system. If Marion beats SP, Monterey will be the only district winner in the quad, and they'll get the highest seed. Despite losing to Gordonsville who will have a lower seed.

Hopefully, SP beats Marion. That way Gville won't go there in round 2.

You don't want to come to SP in round two? It's been too long since the pirates played a round two game at home. It's definitely time and I hope they get the chance to play another home game this year.

You need to check yourself. I am very careful with my words on here. Just because I say a team is going to get mercy ruled? It's a prediction. Sometimes I am right and other times I am wrong. I call it like I see it. Again sometimes I'm right and sometimes I am wrong. Out of all the people on here that BASH kids and teams you're really going to say something to me? That's really comical. You need to ask around a little. I'm one of the few good guys on here that gives teams the respect they deserve WHEN they deserve it. Be proud of your Monterey team for winning that district, but that still doesn't take away the fact that they are not an upper echelon team. They aren't one of the top 10 teams in the east is all I was saying.

And the playoff system is flawed, several of the stronger teams will be traveling to a team thats not as strong.

Here's my take on this and I'm sure not trying to offend anyone. I'm not so sure there are alot of GREAT teams's in 1a this season. SP and the teams out west may be, but I don't think any of the teams this year are as good as Gordonsville or the Mustangs were a year ago. Either one of those teams could have competed and might have beat the best in 2a. I also think if Cloudland gets the 1 seed and gets to stay at home,they'll compete just fine.They could very well lose in round 2, but I think it will be highly contested. But in the end, I'm sure SP will be playing either Humbolt or UC for the Gold. All i can say is, Go Pirates.

Pujo. Go Pirates? I thought you were pulling for Coalfield and Greenback?

Pujo. Go Pirates? I thought you were pulling for Coalfield and Greenback?

Anyone in the East, the closer to home the better. Having played Coalfield and Greenback so many times over the years,I've grown to like and respect um. SP would be my next choice, but you guys just plain and simple have more talent than these other school,s. Its hard to pull for the Yankee's or Cowboys. I like to see the underdod win one every now and again.

You need to check yourself. I am very careful with my words on here. Just because I say a team is going to get mercy ruled? It's a prediction. Sometimes I am right and other times I am wrong. I call it like I see it. Again sometimes I'm right and sometimes I am wrong. Out of all the people on here that BASH kids and teams you're really going to say something to me? That's really comical. You need to ask around a little. I'm one of the few good guys on here that gives teams the respect they deserve WHEN they deserve it. Be proud of your Monterey team for winning that district, but that still doesn't take away the fact that they are not an upper echelon team. They aren't one of the top 10 teams in the east is all I was saying.

I wasn't trying to offend or upset you, I was just saying that's what it seems like to me. I have every respect for your team and try to watch them when they are close to the area. Now, maybe not top ten in the state or upper echelon, but If Quads 1 and 2 are considered the top 12 in the east then I would argue that we could make the top 10 in that group this year. 

Anyone in the East, the closer to home the better. Having played Coalfield and Greenback so many times over the years,I've grown to like and respect um. SP would be my next choice, but you guys just plain and simple have more talent than these other school,s. Its hard to pull for the Yankee's or Cowboys. I like to see the underdod win one every now and again.

Pujo, in the past I would say yes, but your not talking about NEAR the talent you have been accustomed to seeing at SP.

Pujo, in the past I would say yes, but your not talking about NEAR the talent you have been accustomed to seeing at SP.

I agree and thats why I say 1a is down this year. The West could prove me wrong. But I still say you guys are the cream of the crop in the East.

We sure weren't last year. The GMen took us down.

The Gmen were loaded and you still played right with um. Don't have any Gmen this year. Coalfield would have been a challenge until 34 and the center got hurt.I'm sure they have adjusted and got over it to some extent,but you don't replace a 34