#6 HR-Bruceton

Quad 4

#1 Dresden (*)

#2 Union City

#3 Humboldt

#4 Gleason

#5 Lake Co.

#6 West Carroll

I disagree with quad 3. Ncs should move up and Wayne county should move back.

A few thing here. I agree and disagree with some things. I agree Cloudland has played a weak schedule, but they are playing the hand they were dealt. I also agree that Greenback is a good team. I disagree that Coalfield is done. They had a couple of injuries early in the season, but I see them getting better each week. If Coalfield or Greenback plays Cloudland I would take either one of them over Cloudland. I said it in June and I will say it again. The east comes down to three teams that have a chance. Coalfield, Greenback and SP. Also, it's ashame that Monterey is going to get a high seed. That district is horrendous.

I feel the same way...strength of schedule should mean a little more in the matrix...Not sure how good a team like Silverdale is, now they maybe legit, but their schedule is weak they have only play 1 team that has a 500 record.... but they will get a #1 seed no matter where they land if they don't get beat by Boyd....Now they may be a good team but it hard to tell.....

A few thing here. I agree and disagree with some things. I agree Cloudland has played a weak schedule, but they are playing the hand they were dealt. I also agree that Greenback is a good team. I disagree that Coalfield is done. They had a couple of injuries early in the season, but I see them getting better each week. If Coalfield or Greenback plays Cloudland I would take either one of them over Cloudland. I said it in June and I will say it again. The east comes down to three teams that have a chance. Coalfield, Greenback and SP. Also, it's ashame that Monterey is going to get a high seed. That district is horrendous.

Coalfield just showed a gut-check win over a good Oneida team. 

Playoff seeding as of this week:

Quad 1

#1 Coalfield (1st)

#2 Cloudland

#3 Sunbright

#4 Midway

#5 Greenback

#6 Harriman

Quad 2

#1 Monterey (1st)

#2 South Pittsburg (*)

#3 Gordonsville

#4 Moore Co.

#5 Fayetteville

#6 Cornersville

Quad 3

#1 Columbia Academy (1st)

#2 Wayne Co. (1st)

#3 Nashville Christian (*)

#4 Clarksville Academy

#5 Jo Byrns

#6 HR-Bruceton

Quad 4

#1 Dresden (*)

#2 Union City

#3 Humboldt

#4 Gleason

#5 Lake Co.

#6 West Carroll

No way will Monterey be the #1 Seed in Quad 2.  Plus, they are in a district consisting of 4 perennial muffins and are still 4-4 even though they win the district.  Clay County hasn't been any good since they were Celina.

No way will Monterey be the #1 Seed in Quad 2. Plus, they are in a district consisting of 4 perennial muffins and are still 4-4 even though they win the district. Clay County hasn't been any good since they were Celina.

If no one else in that quad finishes 1st place then they'll have the #1 seed. Will y'all beat Marion Co. Edited by wildcatalumni

I agree that Cloudland does play a weak schedule. And yes we just play and go with what games are ahead of us. If and that's a BIG if we win the next 2 games then we should have home field. And if we could get that advantage I really believe that we could play with GB or Coalfield. We would just have stay healthy and go on our momentum and home crowd on Orr Field. But then again I haven't seen GB or Coalfield play this year. Yes they run over us last year but we are a real improved team. I respect both those teams and programs and it would prolly take our A+ game to beat them but I believe it can happen. With that being said we gotta get by the next 2 weeks w a Win and stay healthy.

Why does it seem like you always bash on Monterey? So what if they are placed in a district that is not full of powerhouses, they still have to play those teams and they beat all of them in very convincing fashion. Instead of scheduling all easy teams for out of district games they did keep Gordonsville, who is never down, 6A Cookeville, and #3 3A team Upperman. You said Monterey would get mercy ruled by Gordonville, which didn't happen, in fact Monterey was just as good if not better than them. Gordy just had the tradition and mindset to pull it out late. Not everyone has the convenience of cheering for a year in and year out state contender, Its not just Monterey, I notice you do that with a lot of teams that are similar to MHS. I promise you, with the exception of maybe SP, Monterey is capable of beating every team in their Quad, and who knows if they ever make it to SP maybe some HUGE things go their way. Thats why the game is played on Friday Nights on grass instead of paper. I personally don't care what you say,  I just hate for players of teams that you don't respect to read on here how they are going to get killed or that its a shame for how they are placed in the playoffs, when they come to work and play hard every day just like everyone else. 

No way will Monterey be the #1 Seed in Quad 2.  Plus, they are in a district consisting of 4 perennial muffins and are still 4-4 even though they win the district.  Clay County hasn't been any good since they were Celina.

That's what's wrong with this system. If Marion beats SP, Monterey will be the only district winner in the quad, and they'll get the highest seed. Despite losing to Gordonsville who will have a lower seed.

Hopefully, SP beats Marion. That way Gville won't go there in round 2.

Why does it seem like you always bash on Monterey? So what if they are placed in a district that is not full of powerhouses, they still have to play those teams and they beat all of them in very convincing fashion. Instead of scheduling all easy teams for out of district games they did keep Gordonsville, who is never down, 6A Cookeville, and #3 3A team Upperman. You said Monterey would get mercy ruled by Gordonville, which didn't happen, in fact Monterey was just as good if not better than them. Gordy just had the tradition and mindset to pull it out late. Not everyone has the convenience of cheering for a year in and year out state contender, Its not just Monterey, I notice you do that with a lot of teams that are similar to MHS. I promise you, with the exception of maybe SP, Monterey is capable of beating every team in their Quad, and who knows if they ever make it to SP maybe some HUGE things go their way. Thats why the game is played on Friday Nights on grass instead of paper. I personally don't care what you say,  I just hate for players of teams that you don't respect to read on here how they are going to get killed or that its a shame for how they are placed in the playoffs, when they come to work and play hard every day just like everyone else. 

You have to admit that district 7 is awful. His was a complaint with the system, not trashing Monterey. It would be a shame if Monterey is seeded first over SP, or Gordonsville for that matter. This system does not reward teams that play in a tough district.

BTW, Monterey was not as good as or better than Gordonsville. The score was evidence of that.

Here's my take on this and I'm sure not trying to offend anyone. I'm not so sure there are alot of GREAT teams's in 1a this season. SP  and the teams out west may  be, but I don't think any of the teams this year are  as good as Gordonsville or the Mustangs were a year ago. Either one of those teams could have competed and might have beat the best in 2a. I also think if Cloudland gets the 1 seed and gets to stay at home,they'll compete just fine.They could very well lose in round 2, but I think it will be highly contested. But in the end, I'm sure SP will be playing either Humbolt or UC for the Gold. All i can say is, Go Pirates.

Why does it seem like you always bash on Monterey? So what if they are placed in a district that is not full of powerhouses, they still have to play those teams and they beat all of them in very convincing fashion. Instead of scheduling all easy teams for out of district games they did keep Gordonsville, who is never down, 6A Cookeville, and #3 3A team Upperman. You said Monterey would get mercy ruled by Gordonville, which didn't happen, in fact Monterey was just as good if not better than them. Gordy just had the tradition and mindset to pull it out late. Not everyone has the convenience of cheering for a year in and year out state contender, Its not just Monterey, I notice you do that with a lot of teams that are similar to MHS. I promise you, with the exception of maybe SP, Monterey is capable of beating every team in their Quad, and who knows if they ever make it to SP maybe some HUGE things go their way. Thats why the game is played on Friday Nights on grass instead of paper. I personally don't care what you say, I just hate for players of teams that you don't respect to read on here how they are going to get killed or that its a shame for how they are placed in the playoffs, when they come to work and play hard every day just like everyone else.

You need to check yourself. I am very careful with my words on here. Just because I say a team is going to get mercy ruled? It's a prediction. Sometimes I am right and other times I am wrong. I call it like I see it. Again sometimes I'm right and sometimes I am wrong. Out of all the people on here that BASH kids and teams you're really going to say something to me? That's really comical. You need to ask around a little. I'm one of the few good guys on here that gives teams the respect they deserve WHEN they deserve it. Be proud of your Monterey team for winning that district, but that still doesn't take away the fact that they are not an upper echelon team. They aren't one of the top 10 teams in the east is all I was saying. Edited by TheAmbassador