Science Hill vs Dobyns-Bennett

crawdad

Let me be one in a million that says your An a&$!!!!

DB had the game won tonight if not for a stupid play call on 3rd and one. Instead of going under center and getting the first down we go out of shotgun and fail to convert and have to punt. This was with 4 plus minutes to go up by 10 points and SH only had 1 time out left. So we beat ourselves. Your an absolute tool to be such a jerk over a game you have nothing to do with. But 19 years in a row ain't too shabby. Everything must come to an end. Congratulations to The Hill players for finally beating the Tribe but I don't have any good to say about that classless jerk coach Stacy Carter. I've never seen a coach shove a band director on the way to the locker room. I wish Cook would have jack slapped his sorry butt.

ROLL TRIBE!!!!!

Now, Now..... 

All I have to say to that is: ROLL TOPPERS!!!!!!!

DB had the game won tonight if not for a stupid play call on 3rd and one. Instead of going under center and getting the first down we go out of shotgun and fail to convert and have to punt. This was with 4 plus minutes to go up by 10 points and SH only had 1 time out left. So we beat ourselves. Your an absolute tool to be such a jerk over a game you have nothing to do with. But 19 years in a row ain't too shabby. Everything must come to an end. Congratulations to The Hill players for finally beating the Tribe but I don't have any good to say about that classless jerk coach Stacy Carter. I've never seen a coach shove a band director on the way to the locker room. I wish Cook would have jack slapped his sorry butt.

ROLL TRIBE!!!!!

The team with the most talent won.  SH just needed to believe and the stars finally aligned with 6 minutes left in the game.  The best team won tonight.  Good luck next week on the road in the playoffs.

I was told at the game tonight that McGue was actually questionable to even play in this game. It was a last minute decision. The person who told me this said McGue popped his shoulder out two days ago and they weren't sure he was going to be able to play. Apparently he went to the coaching staff and told them he was playing no matter what. Is this true? If so, that kid's a warrior.

Edited by AlumnI01

Well, every 20 years or so you have to go through this whether you like it or not. I would imagine the game ball is already in the trophy case in the topper palace as we speak. That's the highest compliment the Tribe can have. The 4th and 1 play was only one of many pivotal plays in this long streak. Finally, one went against the Indians. There won't be a new streak if GC leaves. What the underclass men do with this loss will determine how important it was.

Well, every 20 years or so you have to go through this whether you like it or not. I would imagine the game ball is already in the trophy case in the topper palace as we speak. That's the highest compliment the Tribe can have. The 4th and 1 play was only one of many pivotal plays in this long streak. Finally, one went against the Indians. There won't be a new streak if GC leaves. What the underclass men do with this loss will determine how important it was.

The future will write it's self.I don't know if either school could ever have a streak like that again nomatter who is coaching.Both have had some great athletes over the last couple of decades and you have to catch some good breaks for it to go in one direction every year that long.I just hate it for the young men on DB's team tonight more then any coach,parent or fan.We all want to win them all,but when you get down to it,the kids are the ones that hurt the most after an important loss.It's the same feeling 95 % or more of all high school football players will feel starting next week as they play their last games of the year.Many seniors will play the last games of their careers.It's always a sad time for the kids.

I'm sure that this DB class didn't want to be the ones to lose the streak, but it had to happen at some point.  For a Science Hill alum such as myself, you could literally feel the weight being lifted off of the shoulders of this program.  Congrats to all of the SH players, present and past, who have worked to rebuild the program and bring a conference title back to JC.

Nothing but respect to DB and Coach Clark.  A winning streak that spans 18 years is one heck of an accomplishment.  DB has been the consistent standard bearer for the conference while Science Hill has wondered in the darkness.  I think it's safe to say "Rivalry Renewed" and hope future games are classics just like last night and even last year's game were.  

As far as the game itself, I know a lot of people will question the 3rd down play call in the 4th.  In any case, SH still had to score and until the 4th quarter, SH hadn't shown consistency on offense.  In years past, SH would have laid down after the long TD pass by DB in response to the SH scoring drive.  In the end, SH showed resiliency and made the plays needed to win the game.

ROLL TRIBE!!!!!

• Upvote 1

Maybe you should check your facts before you go calling someone a Jerk. What would you do if a band director got in your face and started running his mouth as you were leaving the field? All he did was straighten out his arm and push him back because he didn't want to hear anything else. You my friend need to grow up and accept the fact that you lost and quit crying about it. Would you like some cheese with your whine?