South Pittsburg at Marion (Moore man against that McCurry man)

Roy Dillard

I am catching up on this thread while I can because I know a lock down is imminent before this game is played.

:popcorneater:

Ah them Jasper folkes is skeerd & confused, some is confused if theys Pryor Institute or Jasper High School! Recon when they find them "Rose Colored Glasses" theys will perhaps come out and play! LOPAO.....

WRONG.........

1887-1910 PRYOR INSTITUTE Jasper, Marion Co.,TN

One of most Influential co-educational institutions in the Sequatchie Valley. Founded by Jackson & Washington Pryor & Col.A.L. Spears. Pryor Institute educated students of all ages from several states. The building was sold to become the Jasper High School in 1910 and later as Jasper Middle School. 

An old frame school building located on Cedar Ave between 5th and 6th streets where the SVEC is currently located was built in 1898. The city moved the school to a modern brick building located 2 blocks south on Cedar Ave between 7th and 8th streets in 1924. The old frame building initially used as the school was used as an apartment complex until it burned in 1931. The modern brick structure served both grade and high school students until a modern grammer school was built in 1938. The brick structure was used as the high school until it was razed and replaced by the current modern day school in 1965 and serves students 7-12.

"Old Pirate been telling you fellers this feud started aroung 1900 when them felines from Jasper started ambushing them stud makers and them SP skillet slingers went on the war path" Pert near sure the skillet slingers gave them Jasper folkes the idea of warriors as theys mascot! LOPAO..............................................................................................

marion~g.jpg

(See Old Schools, Teachers & Students of Marion Co.,TN. by Webb)

this is how the posting actually reads.  You can look it up.  Like some others have said, it does not matter what you call us.Jasper, Marion, or the School up the road.  I just want the old man to get his posting correct.  Like others, i can not wait til Friday.  Should be an electric atmosphere.  I hope the weather is good , everyone travels safely, and the game is played injury free.

marion~g.jpg

One of most Influential co-educational institutions in the Sequatchie Valley. Founded by Jackson & Washington Pryor & Col.A.L. Spears. Pryor Institute educated students of all ages from several states. The building was sold to become the Marion County High School in 1910 and later as Jasper Middle School. Photo is courtesy of Mrs. Betty (Roy) Wooten

(See Old Schools, Teachers & Students of Marion Co.,TN. by Webb)

this is how the posting actually reads. You can look it up. Like some others have said, it does not matter what you call us.Jasper, Marion, or the School up the road. I just want the old man to get his posting correct. Like others, i can not wait til Friday. Should be an electric atmosphere. I hope the weather is good , everyone travels safely, and the game is played injury free.

Pert near sure that come from the Marion County Jailhouse Highschool (MCJH) website. Figure theys wearing them special glasses.