Elizabethton (8-1) @ South (9-0)

EHSTrack06

I agree, without him, Betsy is good enough to beat Johnson County and they're good enough to beat North. But it's not Johnson county or north this week, it's South and they're a different animal. They're big, physical, fast and most importantly...balanced offensively. Betsy isn't the big kid on the block anymore.

That's were your wrong Mr. MOX because we are the big kid on the block until South beats Betsy and if it happens then South will be the big kid on the block.When Friday gets here those scores and games you are referring to will mean nothing.If south stops Thomas they will be the first team to do it and I promise you he will get his yards.Roll Cyclones

EHS holds the most recent win over South and it was AT South last season. So if South beats us this year, of course they take the crown of big kids on the block and 3RC Champions but until then EHS is one up on South

PS: for the last 2 years people have said the same thing about stopping Thomas but yet he continues to rack up the yards even when EVERY team knows he's coming. Keep in mind EHS has been to the Semis 3 of the last 4 years. 2009 and 2010 We didn't Have Ethan and made it to the Semis and lost to Alcoa. 2012 Ethan had a big year against teams like Science Hill (9-2), Boone (8-3), North coming off their best season in years 2x (11-2 'both being to EHS') and CAK (14-1 State Champs). So unless South is better than those 2012 Teams he faced as a SO then I wouldn't be so quick as to say he will get stopped as a JR.

Edited by EHSTrack06

Sorry 06, nothing here is relevant to this year's Betsy/South clash except last year's head to head. How did Ethan do in that one?

I know he was a sophomore last year and is much improved as a junior. Keep in mind several of South's starters were sophomores last year. That is a major reason South is so good this year.

Thomas will be best player on the field Friday night, no doubt about it. BUT, the next best 4 or 5 players will be South kids. Neither of Elizabehton's QBs hold a flame to Weiger. South's receiving core is night and day better than Betsy's. And the best defensive player on the field is the Bond kid from South. If you don't think so check the paper Friday and see how he has 25 more tackles than anyone else in the 3 Rivers. Only my opinion, and no disrespect intended. 

Thomas will be best player on the field Friday night, no doubt about it. BUT, the next best 4 or 5 players will be South kids. Neither of Elizabehton's QBs hold a flame to Weiger. South's receiving core is night and day better than Betsy's. And the best defensive player on the field is the Bond kid from South. If you don't think so check the paper Friday and see how he has 25 more tackles than anyone else in the 3 Rivers. Only my opinion, and no disrespect intended. 

Umm yah I seen that in the paper and guess what Elizabethton is missing a few games in those stats SOrry he does not have more tackles just saying.  Plus you can judge a player by the amount of tackles. 

Umm yah I seen that in the paper and guess what Elizabethton is missing a few games in those stats SOrry he does not have more tackles just saying. Plus you can judge a player by the amount of tackles.

You mean can't? And just wait til Friday night if you don't believe the stats. He doesn't look like much by the eye test, but is a beast.

South by 2 TDs.

Elizabethton scores first, South comes back. 

Witten rants up and down sideline.  Haney remains calm.

South is much deeper and much more talented at skill positions and OL this year.Who cares about other years.

Thomas will get 100+ yards and 3 tds.  But it won't be enough.  Betsy can't outscore South.

Just my two cents. 

I still can't decide if I'll be there or at DB/SHHS Friday.  I wish these games were Thursday and Friday and the Musket Bowl on Saturday.  I'd like to see all three.  Well at least I can see one and listen to one.

South by 2 TDs.

South is much deeper and much more talented at skill positions and OL this year.Who cares about other years.

Thomas will get 100+ yards and 3 tds.  But it won't be enough.  Betsy can't outscore South.

Just my two cents. 

I still can't decide if I'll be there or at DB/SHHS Friday.  I wish these games were Thursday and Friday and the Musket Bowl on Saturday.  I'd like to see all three.  Well at least I can see one and listen to one.

Did I really just agree with Pudding?  I guess there's a first time for everything.

South by 2 TDs.

Just my two cents. 

Spot-On.

Hey BobbyBoucher and BigPoppaPump. At the first of the season I was mentioning a few things about expecting South to have a good season in 4A. You guys promptly started bustin my chops about Betsy and E.T. being the real deal and not to expect too much. Did you guys really change your tune or are you just yankin Betsy's chain?