Gerry Bertier's 3A Weekly Playoff Update After Week 9

Gerry Bertier

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have Grundy getting in over York, but yes. I almost have my final bracket done, but I am going to be out of pocket here in a few minutes so later tonight. Your CPA Lions will be playing White House Heritage in the first round.

The York and McMinn Central games are probably the toughest to predict next week. But that is a strong possibility.

It is almost officially playoff time, this time next week we will be discussing the actual matchups. We have a lot of things that could change between now. Later this weekend I will have some scenarios up and teams to watch, teams like CAK and Tyner could throw a wrench in the brackets. But here is the current playoff bracket if it ended after week 9.

Quad 1

1 Alcoa

8 West Greene

4 Pigeon Forge

5 Sullivan North

3 Chuckey Doak

6 Happy Valley

2 Gatlnburg-Pittman

7 McMinn Central

Quad 2

1 Upperman 

8 York Institute

4 Cascade

5 Sequatchie Co.

3 Notre Dame

6 Smith Co.

2 Polk Co. 

7 Grundy Co.

Quad 3

1 CPA

8 White-House Heritage

4 Westmoreland

5 East Nashville

3 Lipscomb

6 Harpeth

2 Fairview

7 East Hickman

Quad 4

1 Lewis Co.

8 Fairley

4 Manassas

5 Camden

3 Hickman Co.

6 South Gibson

2 Westview 

7 JCM

CAK should handle Kingston relatively easy. And be the top 4 win team, with 8? Quality opponents. That pushes McCentral back to quad 2 , if they beat Chatt. Central.

I think the Tyner v Red Bank game is a coin flip.

The best I can cipher, Fairview needs East Magnet to beat Lipscomb Friday night. That would lock us in at the 2 seed, put Lipscomb on the CPA side of the bracket, and would give us home field advantage in rounds 1&2.

If Lipscomb wins, we'll drop to 3 seed, play either Harperh or East Hickman in 1st round at home, and go to Lipscomb if we make it to round 2.

I'd like to see East magnet pull it out so we can be at home the first 2 rounds. That's our best shot to make it to CPA.

Edited by Swarm

The way I see it FV and Lipcomp is a good match up for FV. FV deffensive pressure will be hard for anyone who is not under center running at them. CPA is very good, but you have got to believe that they are beatable to get them and that's not what I have been hearing.

I have no doubt in my mind that Fairview can beat CPA. Just don't want to put the cart before the horse because we'll have to face teams perfectly capable of beating us if we don't play to our ability.