Peabody at Humboldt

JungleJim125

Don't feel like the lone ranger Dresden is fighting the same issues. Both teams can either right the ship or sink early in playoffs. Good luck the rest of the year unless we are playing you.

Lol, Good luck to you & the feelings are mutual!! Humboldt got two (2) weeks to get their heads on right before the playoffs or basketball season will start early!!!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! It is amazing that the fans in Humboldt now are saying that the players are the problem. I cheered for the Vikings fo decades until they made the stupid decision last November. Every loss was bacause of Dan Bland. Somehow this staff gets a pass? Say what you will but the Vikings did not lose to teams like Halls under the old staff. It would have been adog fight either way against UC, but the vikings from the previous 4 years at least had special teams that worked and were TOUGH. This group is ready for bball and so is the community. I was in UC. That was the district championship and there were hardly a third of the stands filled. Check out how many "fans" show up for the hhs/uc bball game.....pitiful.

Wow! It is amazing that the fans in Humboldt now are saying that the players are the problem. I cheered for the Vikings fo decades until they made the stupid decision last November. Every loss was bacause of Dan Bland. Somehow this staff gets a pass? Say what you will but the Vikings did not lose to teams like Halls under the old staff. It would have been adog fight either way against UC, but the vikings from the previous 4 years at least had special teams that worked and were TOUGH. This group is ready for bball and so is the community. I was in UC. That was the district championship and there were hardly a third of the stands filled. Check out how many "fans" show up for the hhs/uc bball game.....pitiful.

============================================

+ 1

Hate to rag on the current coach, from what I hear he's a standup guy...having said that...I agree completely with what you said,and will go one step further and say that the administration deserves a little egg on the face for having Bland's back...with a knife in it.

I agree, the coaches don't play the game! I think what Humboldt problem is that they don't have any senior leadership! They need to step up & be leaders on this team & keep players motivated every down not just when you need a big play!! If, the seniors don't play with emotions or discipline then the younger players want, all I want to see is them play four (4) quarters & with heart, & if they lose then, I would not have a problem with that because at that point they got beat by a better team!!!

Hopefully Mclilly will give the Vikings the Senior leadership they need Friday night!

I understand your frustration about coach Bland getting let go but how can you say, " the players are ready for basketball because only a few play"! The players had nothing to do with the coaching change & if they get rid of this coaching group I will still support the players because ultimately it's about the players!! Coach Bland will have his change Friday night to show the administration what they loss!!

I understand your frustration about coach Bland getting let go but how can you say, " the players are ready for basketball because only a few play"! The players had nothing to do with the coaching change & if they get rid of this coaching group I will still support the players because ultimately it's about the players!! Coach Bland will have his change Friday night to show the administration what they loss!!

All this talk is starting again about Bland. No one knows what happy and it's history anyway. Humboldt fans supported Bland the years he was there. I agree its all about the players. Imo they have got a good Coach in Reid believe it on not. I pretty much know why Bland is not there anymore but not saying to get all this crap started back up again. Jr. Reid is a good coach and i support him all the way. Mclilly played some Friday night as a reciever some to. Mclilly will be back and ready to play Friday night! No disrespect to Coach Bland he is a good man. If the kids wont play for Coach Reid they wont play for nobody!

Edited by zebra99

Coach Reid is a fine coach. I have known and supported him for 20 years. My point was that you can't give him or his staff a pass when the kids are not ready to play. You and I both know that Humboldt should not lose to Halls....EVER. Junior did not have these kids ready to play after that UC loss. Zebra99 and Viking87 would crucify other coaches if it happened. Be consistant. As for not wanting to start that CRAP up again and Bland can show them...Bland is not the head coach at Trenton. Nick is the best running back we have when he is healthy. I wonder how many times he will touch the ball. I saw him in at least 15-20 plays. He touched the ball once or twice?