Rockwood @ Grace Christian

Wired4Football

RW's defense wins this game - they're quicker up front, deploy greater QB pressure and against passing teams pick off passes like apples off a tree. The denfesive ends hit hard and tackles eat up everything in the middle. RW's smash mouth style offense will wear down the Gca D and cause the O to get out of rhythm. They'll be in for more than a battle, instead it'll be a back alley brawl. Grace hasn't been hit like RW will hit them since last year when GCa squeaked out a last minute TD. Don't forget Gca was picked to burn the scoreboard bulbs out last year too...rockwood wins a thriller. 28-21

I love the comments GCA runs up the score on the little schools. The starters have only played 2 entire games, the rest they have been out at half time. Out of 422 points this year only 43 have been scored in the fourth quarter. Most of those by Freshmen. Those JV kids work just as hard as the starters and they deserve to play at their best. I know that 4 JV players have TDs this year. I for one am glad that the GCA staff called off the dogs early most games this year. I have been a long time fan and relative of GCA players and remember playing home games at a rec park and taking a beating.  Hampton beat us 61-14 Cloudland beat us 55-0 Ensworth 35-6 Clay Co 40-0 TSD beat us 46-8. North Green 63-0 Midway 49-15. After each of the games no person at GCA said those schools were cheaters, and start crying. That is what is wrong today. If you get beat you make excuses instead of working harder, or getting better, or hiring better coaches, or for heavens sakes support your team with out blasting others.

My prediction for this Friday Night GCA by 35 then we shut her down and cost to the second round.

I love the comments GCA runs up the score on the little schools. The starters have only played 2 entire games, the rest they have been out at half time. Out of 422 points this year only 43 have been scored in the fourth quarter. Most of those by Freshmen. Those JV kids work just as hard as the starters and they deserve to play at their best. I know that 4 JV players have TDs this year. I for one am glad that the GCA staff called off the dogs early most games this year. I have been a long time fan and relative of GCA players and remember playing home games at a rec park and taking a beating.  Hampton beat us 61-14 Cloudland beat us 55-0 Ensworth 35-6 Clay Co 40-0 TSD beat us 46-8. North Green 63-0 Midway 49-15. After each of the games no person at GCA said those schools were cheaters, and start crying. That is what is wrong today. If you get beat you make excuses instead of working harder, or getting better, or hiring better coaches, or for heavens sakes support your team with out blasting others.

My prediction for this Friday Night GCA by 35 then we shut her down and cost to the second round.

You make some good points if the playing field were even but it's not. You say hire better coaches and work harder well feller small schools have small budgets and most have coaches that work very long hours for little pay and they coach the kids from the town they coach in instead of everywhere.

I would not trade 1 John Webb for 10 of any coach on GCA staff some years  he has size and speed other times he has neither and never has 3 or 4 xfers sitting thats better than his this years starters because they transfered in he's not the only one Hampton, Greenback, Oneida and Oliver springs just to name a few thats in the same boat he's in.

The old saying a great coach can beat you with his then turn around beat you with yours does not apply to privates,open zoned tuition publics and magnet schools (they are beating you with theirs and yours in the same game) Put all tuition school in the same class and fix this problem but I know the t$$aa will not do that Sorry for this long rant

Go Tigers!

Edited by wpasi

You make some good points if the playing field were even but it's not. You say hire better coaches and work harder well feller small schools have small budgets and most have coaches that work very long hours for little pay and they coach the kids from the town they coach in instead of everywhere.

I would not trade 1 John Webb for 10 of any coach on GCA staff some years  he has size and speed other times he has neither and never has 3 or 4 xfers sitting thats better than his this years starters because they transfered in he's not the only one Hampton, Greenback, Oneida and Oliver springs just to name a few thats in the same boat he's in.

The old saying a great coach can beat you with his then turn around beat you with yours does not apply to privates,open zoned tuition publics and magnet schools (they are beating you with theirs and yours in the same game) Put all tuition school in the same class and fix this problem but I know the t$$aa will not do that Sorry for this long rant

Go Tigers!

WPSI first of all thank you for the mutual respect post (discussion). I wanted to let you know that out of our 13 seniors 4 have been at GCA  since 1st grade 2 since before the 4th grade, 4 started GCA in middle school 2 as freshman and 1 during HS. Since I am a parent and very, very, close to the program, I happen to know what each of our coaches make, and their pay is lower than any other average Knox. Co school football coach. I for one with the staff we have think they should get a raise and I am pushing the board and AD for that to happen this year.  One of the coaches cant even afford to send his own kid to GCA. All of us look at our programs with Rose colored glasses and we all have issues, but I just hate when people look at our name Grace Christian and actually think we are all wealthy tyrants. My personal example. I sent my son (plays football)  and my daughter (who does not play a sport)  to GCA for the academics and Christ centered curriculum. I could save over 1000.00 a month for retirement and send my kids to Hardin Valley where they would be in overcrowded classrooms with over 45 other students and not have the Christian curriculum. It is a struggle but I made that choice. I have many close friends that made that same choice for their kids, and I can assure you football was an after thought. Sorry for the long post,  I just can't get over some of the stereotypes that people have about privates. I know I will never convince anyone of the good people at GCA but, I will hold my head high when I say my Children went to GCA with the icing on the cake for my son a possible trip to state. Thanks for the discussion.

I'm sure we didn't laugh it up, it was just a big mess, we had the starters out in the 1st quarter. We had alot more class than that. What makes me mad is , Raven thinking they owe us something after the way we let up on them when they were pitiful. Yes I'm an adult and I've been around this for Many years. I know exactly who you've played. Did you find anyone you couldn't compete with. You are nothing more than an atheletic magnet and it was all a big plan.  You're administration is the one's who need to grow up, this killing these little public schools is a Digrace. What in the world does it prove.[/quote

I've been to every GCA game except one this year. The CAK game and maybe one other are the only games the starters played in the 2nd half. Now, granted some starters played because I don't think they enough kids to field two teams but the skill players sat. I don't know how the schedules are made each year and don't know why we didn't play a few bigger schools this year. Could it possibly be that some of these bigger schools don't want to play us? I have no idea, just a guess. I would prefer to watch games that we're not blow outs. They're much more entertaining. Only good thing is we get to see some of our younger players play. I don't know the staff well, but what I know about them is I don't think they would back down from playing anybody. If they could schedule some larger teams around Knoxville, I think they would.

It's easy to make excuses why a team loses...and even easier to put blame and pass judgment. The irony is that Grace is the Goliath and Rockwood, David. I think we all remember how that story ended. rockwood comes out the victor in a ground and pound rockwood-led slugfest.

I'm sure we didn't laugh it up, it was just a big mess, we had the starters out in the 1st quarter. We had alot more class than that. What makes me mad is , Raven thinking they owe us something after the way we let up on them when they were pitiful. Yes I'm an adult and I've been around this for Many years. I know exactly who you've played. Did you find anyone you couldn't compete with. You are nothing more than an atheletic magnet and it was all a big plan.  You're administration is the one's who need to grow up, this killing these little public schools is a Digrace. What in the world does it prove.[/quote

I've been to every GCA game except one this year. The CAK game and maybe one other are the only games the starters played in the 2nd half. Now, granted some starters played because I don't think they enough kids to field two teams but the skill players sat. I don't know how the schedules are made each year and don't know why we didn't play a few bigger schools this year. Could it possibly be that some of these bigger schools don't want to play us? I have no idea, just a guess. I would prefer to watch games that we're not blow outs. They're much more entertaining. Only good thing is we get to see some of our younger players play. I don't know the staff well, but what I know about them is I don't think they would back down from playing anybody. If they could schedule some larger teams around Knoxville, I think they would.

The point most of us making is ,Grace is far superior to the small schools in their region. They either need to move up or play in the private league. We have nothing in common.

The point most of us making is ,Grace is far superior to the small schools in their region. They either need to move up or play in the private league. We have nothing in common.

Geeeez....Year after year, this discussion gets no traction.....Light is never excepted by those that love darkness