Basketball (Chattanooga)

winning1

I will tell you about 5AAA district. We are very competitive especially the top4 . Bradley won the district with owls in 2nd wirh Walker Valley 3rd and Cleveland 4th and East Hamilton at the bottom which was a surprise until I saw the coach sitting down coaching most of the time and Kenny at the 3pt line.Walker Valley won the tournament and Cleveland 2nd and Bradley 3rd and Owls 4th. Owls beat every team in 5AAA and Walker Valley twice and split with other top2. I always thought that Walker Valley was the best team but they couldn't handle the press which is why we had success with them but Cleveland plays hard but no length with only one person to stop. Bradley plays like Walker but not as skilled .

Ya I am not taking anything from the owls but overall I think AA is been stronger in the last 10 years in Chattanooga, Owls had a few good teams in that run but Tyner, Howard , Brianerd has been consistent, Central has been up and down, East ridge has also. I think Miles is the key to the Owls success next year, just not sure if they know how to use him. They need a very smart PG for that to work. The Owl will be about the same I think, cause all the other teams are also losing some key players. If Miles step it up I think they can be tuff because the owls will always have good guards they just haven't had a real P.G. in a while.

We'll get on that for ya. 

I think Boyd chances are good has any but I think it will end in the second round, I hope not but hopefully the get a good draw to determine who they play. Tyner has a good shot but there some very good teams waiting for them, Brianerd won't do has good they don't have a P/G.

I think Boyd chances are good has any but I think it will end in the second round, I hope not but hopefully the get a good draw to determine who they play. Tyner has a good shot but there some very good teams waiting for them, Brianerd won't do has good they don't have a P/G.

I agree.  There is still a lot of ball to be played.  Hopefully the Bucs can win 2 more games and get to the boro. If we can get there, anything can happen.  :thumb: Other than in Chattanooga, the Bucs have pretty much flown under the radar and haven't got much state wide attention.  I like it that way. 

I agree.  There is still a lot of ball to be played.  Hopefully the Bucs can win 2 more games and get to the boro. If we can get there, anything can happen.  :thumb: Other than in Chattanooga, the Bucs have pretty much flown under the radar and haven't got much state wide attention.  I like it that way. 

I believe that ya chances are good has any being ya are a few miles from the last school that won a state Championship and ya have a few kids that would went to Temple if it hadn't closed, my only concern is ya have no Skogans, Sexton or Newsom on ya team, and that might be a problem, but ya have a great coach that will pull out the best in ya. Good luck to the Bucs what a great run ya have had this year.

If you are talking about flying under the radar.........then you need to talk about Sale Creek!

I expect a good game tonight with the Bucs.  Whoever loses will most likely be traveling to Goodpasture..........we will soon find out.......

If you are talking about flying under the radar.........then you need to talk about Sale Creek!

I expect a good game tonight with the Bucs.  Whoever loses will most likely be traveling to Goodpasture..........we will soon find out.......

You got that right. I did not expect to see Sale Creek tonight.  Coach Helton is doing a great job. It should be a really good game tonight. Good luck and I hope for an injury free game.   :thumb:

You got that right. I did not expect to see Sale Creek tonight.  Coach Helton is doing a great job. It should be a really good game tonight. Good luck and I hope for an injury free game.   :thumb:

Yes I agree.  Helton is a good coach!  He believes in those kids and they believe in him!  I agree....injury free and good officiating----I won't hold my breath on the officiating part though. :roll:

Good luck in substate!