Maryville Raised The Bar This Season

Pancakes

Well we certainly know Ensworth can be beaten. I was at the BA game and BA played their a game. A team who can stop the run , score and put pressure on their quarterback has a shot. There was a huge momentum shift in that game after half and huge hits on their backs and quarterback. BA over the last few years has played somewhat defensive when they have a lead at times in big games ... Not last Friday.

I was at the scrimmage between the rebels and tigers and it meant nothing to me . The people who are envious of Maryville's success ( not Ensworth fans ) certainly pointed out the result, but a glorified practice shows me nothing about now. GQ earned a lot of respect for the class way he handled the press afterwards and whatever magic and motivation he created on the drawing board after that day certainly worked to the rebels advantage.

The rebels are playing as well as anyone in the state. I have talked to a lot of people in Nashville about the game and even some of the Ensworth fans were okay with the loss . Honestly it was getting a bit predictable and boring with them winning so much and it's good to have a little excitement around. At least a few teams know they can be beaten. BA showed them how

The original stats on this post show how a team worked and got better. Follow Ensworth's numbers:

A 7-3 Brentwood Academy team just defeated Ensworth by 26 points.

Ensworth beat Baylor by 7 points.

Montgomery Bell and McCallie played within 14 points of Ensworth

A 5 loss Trinity team came within 1 point of beating Ensworth.

Scrimmages and games. Big difference between the two.

Regular season games and playoff games is another step up and teams dialing in

State is yet another step up from a playoff game and teams need even more focus

There is none better than GQ in getting his teams attention from a preseason scrimmage, building them up over regular season to where they go into the playoffs dialed in and believing they can beat anyone, anytime, anywhere and keep them improving through the playoffs and they peak at State. On top of that an injustice was done at state last year. Few people have forgotten about that and kids trained harder than ever to condition and get stronger for this season.

Edited by baylorbigdog1976

Well we certainly know Ensworth can be beaten. I was at the BA game and BA played their a game. A team who can stop the run , score and put pressure on their quarterback has a shot. There was a huge momentum shift in that game after half and huge hits on their backs and quarterback. BA over the last few years has played somewhat defensive when they have a lead at times in big games ... Not last Friday.

I was at the scrimmage between the rebels and tigers and it meant nothing to me . The people who are envious of Maryville's success ( not Ensworth fans ) certainly pointed out the result, but a glorified practice shows me nothing about now.

The rebels are playing as well as anyone in the state. I have talked to a lot of people in Nashville about the game and even some of the Ensworth fans were okay with the loss . Honestly it was getting a bit predictable and boring with them winning so much and it's good to have a little excitement around. At least a few teams know they can be beaten. BA showed them how

Yes BA did show everybody how , and now DII has gotten really interesting , will be fun to keep up with , Good luck to all  in DII

Thair's 4 rilly good teems inn D-II......Endswerth, BA, MUS, and MBA....imo... :popcorneater:

Agreed! I think either of those four teams has a legitimate shot to win a title.

The amazing thing to me is how young this Rebels team is. I expect Maryville to win a championship this year, but the 2014 team could be downright scary good

Not that it matters too much but it has been a while since I have seen 4 tn teams ranked top 10 in the south.

South

1. (1) Washington (Miami), 10-0, 73.9

2. (2) Central (Miami), 7-1, 73.0

3. (3) Northwestern (Rock Hill, S.C.), 10-0, 67.3

4. (4) Manatee (Bradenton, Fla.), 10-0, 66.2

5. (6) Byrnes (Duncan, S.C.), 9-1, 63.1

6. (8) Maryville (Tenn.), 10-0, 61.9

7. (7) Hoover (Ala.), 10-0, 61.7

8. (5) Ensworth (Nashville, Tenn.), 8-1, 60.6

9. (NR) Montgomery Bell Academy (Nashville, Tenn.), 9-1, 59.0

10. (NR) Brentwood Academy (Tenn.), 7-3, 58.8