Round 1: Tellico Plains @ Oneida

crow

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Better make the most of the possessions each of us get. Two wing T teams going at it, may only be 4 or 5 possessions the entire game. We went down that road with Coalfield a couple weeks ago. We scored on 40% of our possessions but they scored on 60% of theirs. A couple punts here and there when you only get 4 or 5 possessions and your defense either better be very stingy or better start getting ready for the hardwood.

BTW by "your" I mean any team not Tellico specifically.

Yep... Should be real interesting... Both of us should have beat Greenback and both beat RW by 1.... We just did not come out strong against GB but finished strong just a little too late. Should be a very good game! I have never been up to your place look forward to it!

Clear the air on the Tellico should have beat GB in no way are you even close to that if we throw he ball all night its a very ugly game.The QB was 4 for 9 three passes were TDs after the average at best comment we purposely wanted to beat you all up front and that is what happened.I will not take anything away from TPHS they are much better and played hard at no time where we in fear of losing the game.Oneida did have us and we were very fortunate and lucky to win that game.OHS by 14.

Thanks for the vote of confidence there OnB, I hope you're correct. Tellico is a wing T team right, I'm hearing (or have been hearing actually, kinda knew this game was a real possibility) they're pretty good up front. What's your thoughts? I know we had trouble with y'all and Coalfield. Both of you just got behind the big nasties up front and said here we go. I'm looking for more of the same from the bears.

Thanks for the vote of confidence there OnB, I hope you're correct. Tellico is a wing T team right, I'm hearing (or have been hearing actually, kinda knew this game was a real possibility) they're pretty good up front. What's your thoughts? I know we had trouble with y'all and Coalfield. Both of you just got behind the big nasties up front and said here we go. I'm looking for more of the same from the bears.

Very big up front just not real athletic,#90 at DE is a very good player.You all have the nod at skill positions they will move the ball on you.Coalfield is much more athletic up front and a little more physical and you all played them pretty well except for a crucial turnover from what I remeber.Do not overlook these guys they are well coached.They can throw but are not very accurate.Their pass D can be exploited,I know you all don't throw much but it would be a good week to start.

Very big up front just not real athletic,#90 at DE is a very good player.You all have the nod at skill positions they will move the ball on you.Coalfield is much more athletic up front and a little more physical and you all played them pretty well except for a crucial turnover from what I remeber.Do not overlook these guys they are well coached.They can throw but are not very accurate.Their pass D can be exploited,I know you all don't throw much but it would be a good week to start.

Oh they won't be overlooked, they've been on our radar for a few weeks now as the playoff picture started to focus a little. If they throw regular and are a little suspect in doing so then I like our secondary's chances there for sure. The grind it out 4 possession games always worry me. Those typically play to our favor but they also can really magnify mistakes. If you happen to be on the wrong side of that magnifying glass you may end up like the little ant that gets his antenna scorched! Plain and simple we just have to do better getting teams off the field on 3rd down when were in those type of games.

Edited by crow

Well, we landed as a #4.  That is not a very accurate status for our body of work this year.  I think for what we did this season we got a bum deal on the Quad placement.  It is what it is though and we will figure out if we can do any damage from the location we are sitting in.  Our kids have played pretty well from the low expectations given them, so here we go.  It is all focused on TP.

I'm not enamored with the thoughts that Crow explained as being a 4 or 5 possession game.  I really think our passing game has began to show some legs.  The key is continuing to get them chains moved over and over.  We have been in every game this year, wins and losses.  TP should face a "hyped up" football team.  Anything less would surprise me a great deal.  The kids and coaching staff play with their heart on their sleeve.  That won't change....imo.  Gonna go smoke the war pipe in the Tepee....!

:thumb: Kazaronimo :thumb:

Yep... Should be real interesting... Both of us should have beat Greenback and both beat RW by 1.... We just did not come out strong against GB but finished strong just a little too late. Should be a very good game! I have never been up to your place look forward to it!

The Reservation is one of the finest venues in the state. The atmosphere in that stadium is the epitome of small town FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS!