Henry Co. vs. Kenwood-Round 1

SEC1rules

Yeah, where is fastcat? With this being our first ever playoff meeting, I figured for sure he'd show up. Good thing the week is still young. 

As to this game, I expect HC to win handily, although Kenwood's athleticism could make it interesting for a while.

Fastcat is in hibernation since we hung 59 points on them earlier in the year. But yes, I am with you on the fact that NE pulled their starters. Crazy, fishy, among other things...

The difference between this team and the 2011 team is fan support. The fans were loud the whole games in 2011. They have there good moments in 2013, Rossview game and NE game when needed. Imagine if the fans would be loud the whole game. WE MIGHT WIN STATE AGAIN!  The PLAYERS are there, The COACHES are there, Will the FANS show up and BE LOUD or be loud that is the Question. 

The difference between this team and the 2011 team is fan support. The fans were loud the whole games in 2011. They have there good moments in 2013, Rossview game and NE game when needed. Imagine if the fans would be loud the whole game. WE MIGHT WIN STATE AGAIN! The PLAYERS are there, The COACHES are there, Will the FANS show up and BE LOUD or be loud that is the Question.

Your fan support idea is way off. This is the second time I've seen you make these comments about fan support. 90% or more of teams in the state wish they had the support HC does. The fans were rocking the stadium during the Northeast game. Fans aren't the problem and I've never seen a fan make a tackle or score a TD. Fan support helps but the fans have been loud & the stadium packed like always.

Your fan support idea is way off. This is the second time I've seen you make these comments about fan support. 90% or more of teams in the state wish they had the support HC does. The fans were rocking the stadium during the Northeast game. Fans aren't the problem and I've never seen a fan make a tackle or score a TD. Fan support helps but the fans have been loud & the stadium packed like always.

I would have to agree with daftriot12 about the fans. We saw HC make several big plays against Northeast when the fans made some noise. Last week at West Creek we had the numbers but they were quite. We know the boys are capable and we have one of the best coaching staffs in the state. Now we just need the fans of the Northeast game to show up Friday night and pump the boys up. I believe whoever wins state this year will be by the team the makes the biggest plays.

Well, thought I would weigh in on this debate of fans 2013 vs. fans 2011. I am a part of both. As with games that HC was expected to win and win big, both in 2011 and 2013 the fans were pretty laid back - quiet in other words. But when you need to get a 3rd and long play stopped, folks have a tendency to get louder. If we are under the gun and need some stops/yardage, the crowd gets vocal. Did in 2013 and did  in 2011. The games with Liberty, Beech, Ridgeway, Rossview and Northeast were pretty intense and loud. The same could be said about the Ridgeway, Powell, NE and Hendersonville games of 2011. But when not much is going one, the crowd lays back. Not saying this is right, just how HC fans have come to be since about 2007. So, all that being said, I think that both are in the right to some degree. I would like to see our fans loud all the time, no matter what. But they likely aren't going to be in a game that is 59-14, and are in a game that is 21-14. And finally, it works both ways. If we get loud on a defensive stand and one of the players makes a silly mistake (jumps offsides, blatant holding, interference, etc) the crowd will likely respond in kind by quieting down. Again, not saying its right, just how it seems to go in football at most levels. Nonetheless, I expect the fans to come out in force and be loud when we need to be loud.

Go Big RED!!!

Fastcat is in hibernation since we hung 59 points on them earlier in the year. But yes, I am with you on the fact that NE pulled their starters. Crazy, fishy, among other things...

Did it ever occur to you guys that fastcat wasn't a "fan" and was a poster who made attempts to stir up Kenwood's opponents instead?

I haven't seen a Kenwood poster make a comment or start a Kenwood thread on here all season long.

Did it ever occur to you guys that fastcat wasn't a "fan" and was a poster who made attempts to stir up Kenwood's opponents instead?

I haven't seen a Kenwood poster make a comment or start a Kenwood thread on here all season long.

Yes, Mr. Serious. We all know fastcat was a troll. He was fun to go back and forth with over the years. He was talking trash about HC at least 5 years ago.