Bradlee Centrull vizits tha Skeetur

STARSNBARS

Scott Kyle was the quarterback on the '76 state title team. The Bears won 50-48 in 3 OT's. Kyle scored 32 points including the winning 2 point conversion. It stood as the state record for most point scored by one player in a playoff game for many years. Danny Wooden and Franklin Elmore were the running backs that led the Bears during '76. Hooper was prominent in the later '70's.

baconbreath did Hooper play enny az a soff in '76????..... :popcorneater:

Scott Kyle was the quarterback on the '76 state title team. The Bears won 50-48 in 3 OT's. Kyle scored 32 points including the winning 2 point conversion. It stood as the state record for most point scored by one player in a playoff game for many years. Danny Wooden and Franklin Elmore were the running backs that led the Bears during '76. Hooper was prominent in the later '70's.

good stuff bb. i remember playing on elmore's team (White's Used Cars) over at the boys club midget league. :)

Edited by StarRaider

Kinny Hooper did play for Bradley back in the day, but he graduated in 79. Not likely he contributed during the 1976 championship run. He was a RB.

Bobby Delay was the kicker. Other player names I recall were Chuck Atchley, David White, and others.. Greg Geren was QB when I saw them play...can't remember if it was beyond 76 or not.

And, yes, Eddie Albornoz was a beast...a real old-school head-knocker.

Kinny played some at linebacker and so did Derrick Burrell Both Sophs. He also played lb his jr. Year at Ole Miss.due to so any injuries. At that spot. I remember a radio broadcast where he stopped Herschel Walker on the goal line 2 or 3 straight plays then Walker knocked him out of the game to score. Kinny was a beast at running back and linebacker. Ran a 9.7 100 yd dash as a soph. In highschool. against Paul Davis who had won the 200 the year before. He left a baseball game to do it. Stud baseball player also.

Kinny Hooper did play for Bradley back in the day, but he graduated in 79.  Not likely he contributed during the 1976 championship run.  He was a RB.

Bobby Delay was the kicker.  Other player names I recall were Chuck Atchley, David White, and others.. Greg Geren was QB when I saw them play...can't remember if it was beyond 76 or not.

And, yes, Eddie Albornoz was a beast...a real old-school head-knocker.

Actually Kinny Hooper did play as a back up FB and the 2 point conversion play was actually supposed to go to him as a pass, but he was covered and Scott had to improvise. They had never practiced a run out of that formation.

Bobby Delay was the placekicker and won several games with his kicking in the clutch, after transferring over from Cleveland and was also a backup QB if I remember correctly. Terry Scoggins was a WR/DB. Greg Geren would have been an under classman, back up QB/DB and played QB after '76. Danny Wooden was the starting RB and Elmore his back up. Eddie Albornoz was a beast at the defensive line and played his senior season with a broken hand in a huge cast.

That was one heck of a season, since no one gave Bradley a chance to win the District let alone anything else. They beat Kirkman 19-0 when they were averaging over 40 points a game. Defeated Kingsport Dobyns-Bennett, (neutral site game in Sevierville) 24-18 if I remember correctly, then one of the most exciting games in Tennessee State Championship history with the 50-48 3 OT victory over Jackson Central-Merry. Actually called one of the most exciting games of the year by a national ranking service. Pretty much tied at the end of every quarter. Game ended in a 28-28 tie.

Man that was a fun senior year, with the team going 13-0 and me not missing a game. That was simply a group that played great as a team.

Edited by alt1958

SnB - the 5 yard line would still be child's play for #7.

Coach Scott shoulda had #7 on the field during the dang fake field goal though! :-0

Eye heer yee SR.... :popcorneater:

Hits good two no thay's peepull on hear az old az me.....Eye injoy heerin' these naims and evun tho we wuz onlee AA then wif SR's Raiders, abowt Bradlee two..... :thumb:

Edited by STARSNBARS

Actually Kinny Hooper did play as a back up FB and the 2 point conversion play was actually supposed to go to him as a pass, but he was covered and Scott had to improvise. They had never practiced a run out of that formation.

Bobby Delay was the placekicker and won several games with his kicking in the clutch, after transferring over from Cleveland and was also a backup QB if I remember correctly. Terry Scoggins was a WR/DB. Greg Geren would have been an under classman, back up QB/DB and played QB after '76. Danny Wooden was the starting RB and Elmore his back up. Eddie Albornoz was a beast at the defensive line and played his senior season with a broken hand in a huge cast.

That was one heck of a season, since no one gave Bradley a chance to win the District let alone anything else. They beat Kirkman 19-0 when they were averaging over 40 points a game. Defeated Kingsport Dobyns-Bennett, (neutral site game in Sevierville) 24-18 if I remember correctly, then one of the most exciting games in Tennessee State Championship history with the 50-48 3 OT victory over Jackson Central-Merry. Actually called on of the most exciting games of the year by a national ranking service. Pretty much tied at the end of every quarter. Game ended in a 28-28 tie.

Man that was a fun senior year, with the team going 13-0 and me not missing a game. That was simply a group that played great as a team.

Great Memories !!  You sound a lot like Starz as far as remembering the games 30 plus years ago . Starz is like Rain man when it comes to Rebel Football !!   :mrgreen:

Edited by pepvol

Kinny played some at linebacker and so did Derrick Burrell Both Sophs. He also played lb his jr. Year at Ole Miss.due to so any injuries. At that spot. I remember a radio broadcast where he stopped Herschel Walker on the goal line 2 or 3 straight plays then Walker knocked him out of the game to score. Kinny was a beast at running back and linebacker. Ran a 9.7 100 yd dash as a soph. In highschool. against Paul Davis who had won the 200 the year before. He left a baseball game to do it. Stud baseball player also.

Friend of mine was talking to Kinny and he said he was sure glad help arrived to bring Herschel down.

Edited by alt1958