Bradlee Centrull vizits tha Skeetur

STARSNBARS

Well I guess not calling the textbook Horse Collar was a makeup then !!!??? Lol whatever guys , those refs were awful for both of us , but I think Maryville got the short end of the stick if you want to look real close at it . If that's supposed to be a penalty when you jump over someone going at your knees , then it's the most ignorant rule in the book ... How dare you Shawn to not hold still and let him hit you in the knees !!! Lol

Well I guess not calling the textbook Horse Collar was a makeup then !!!??? Lol whatever guys , those refs were awful for both of us , but I think Maryville got the short end of the stick if you want to look real close at it . If that's supposed to be a penalty when you jump over someone going at your knees , then it's the most ignorant rule in the book ... How dare you Shawn to not hold still and let him hit you in the knees !!! Lol

My point would the hurdling rule is flawed rule period. The subject came up and a discussion followed. All I was interested in answering it properly.

Edited by alt1958

My point would the hurdling rule is flawed rule period. The subject came up and a discussion followed. All I was interested in answering it properly.

and I agree with you , who in the world came up with that rule ?? They actually called that on my son when he was in Flag Football at 8 yrs old , I thought then it was the stupidest Rule I'd ever heard of , and I still think that . I was told then that Rule was just for the midget leagues ??! Guess they made it for all .

The way the hurdling rule was explained back when Bradley Central was penalized vs Cleveland was that it is legal if the defender is bending down (preparing to tackle) and not standing up. It was considered too dangerous for a runner to leap a defender that was in the standing position. As pictured above, this play was perfectly legal for Maryville. And I am a die-hard BCHS fan.

Fellers so a baick on tha gole line cain't jump ovur tha stack ennymoore if'un tha deefendurs wuz standin' upp??????...... :huh:

Edited by STARSNBARS

Fellers so a baick on tha gole line cain't jump ovur tha stack ennymoore if'un tha deefendurs wuz standin' upp??????...... :huh:

I'm pretty sure that is still legal, as long as he goes up and over head first (dive).....if he went up and tried to hurdle the line feet first, that would be a penalty......stupid rule, any way you slice it, IMO.

I'm pretty sure that is still legal, as long as he goes up and over head first (dive).....if he went up and tried to hurdle the line feet first, that would be a penalty......stupid rule, any way you slice it, IMO.

Jake we nead two git tha hoppers and pee-wee coaches two fergit teechin' our yungins two do Hi kuh-rotty kix orr plain old baick flips intwo tha end zoan then....

We gott a kidd #4 Jordan Scott and hee iz one ov tha best Hi jumpers inn tha nashun inn his age growp (6'8") and he cood fozzburry flopp intwo tha end zoan ovur tha stack :blush:

Edited by STARSNBARS