William Blount offseason thread

Governm

Is the schedule any different?

I was wondering the same thing, qb#7, I haven't seen the schedule yet.....I will try to find out this weekend and I will post it.  I think it should be the same or very close, I would assume that the Loudon and MoEast games were signed up to play at least two years, a home and an away game each, and last year was the first game of both. 

I was wondering the same thing, qb#7, I haven't seen the schedule yet.....I will try to find out this weekend and I will post it. I think it should be the same or very close, I would assume that the Loudon and MoEast games were signed up to play at least two years, a home and an away game each, and last year was the first game of both.

yes the schedule will be unchanged.

Agree completely about Nuchols, he is a playmaker. I believe that Cody Gregory and Tommy Sparks are juniors, they will be back. I think that Tyler Key could be a big playmaker if he gains weight. That kid has heart. My biggest concern is it doesn't become a one man show like last year with a certain oft injured undersized kid taking the spot of an overhyped Otis.

I guess I am just optimistic.....Last season was a good year to get four or five wins, and they were not far from getting them, a pla y or two here or there, and there were three or four games that could have been different.....but it didn't play out that way. I will admit, I thought they would get four wins last year, but my expectations were also very cautious knowing they had some new coaches and new system, and couldn't help but believe there would be a learning curve for a head coach coming from a 1A program to a 6A program.

I believe the coaches will be better this year, and they have some decent young talent if they can get them in the right spots....I would expect to see no less than four, and possibly up to six, sophomores starting this year. I know we lost a few good players, but I think we have good replacements on the offensive side, with RB being the biggest concern. Defense is the biggest question mark, lost both DE in Satterfield and Gregory, lost Otis and Harris from LB, and lost most of the secondary, and lost Sparks up front.....a lot to replace on a defense unit that left a lot to be desired. Offensive question mark will be what they are going to do at the QB position, they have lineman and receivers to replace what has been lost, and I suppose they will look to Tyler Key at RB, if he can gain a little weight he will be ok, the kid is tough. But all that is moot if they don't get it right at the QB spot, hopefully one of those kids will step up and emerge as the leader. Whoever the QB is will have as talented a group of receivers to throw to as anyone, if they will coach them. If Daniels is not the QB, he would make an outstanding WR, put him there along with Nuchols, Hannah, and Graham, and they are as talented as anyone. Move Tipton to CB, he is not a receiver, IMO. The coaches have some pieces to work with, it will be up to them to get them where they need to be.

I have also heard from someone else that daniels will be a receiver next year, so maybe there's something to that. I think next years offense could be really dangerous if Myrick starts at QB. He is really quick and a real threat to take off running and he also has a decent arm from what I saw. If you consider the receivers he has to throw to there is reason to believe this offense could be special.That is if they can get it all together... And the thing about that is that has Been wb's biggest problem every year. They can never quiet put the players in the right place or system to where they can be effective and win games. So it remains to be seen if that will be any different next year. I hope it is but I'm not holding my breath. They will also need better play by the offensive line if they want to be better. As for the defense, they will need to do a 180 real quick.

Agree completely about Nuchols, he is a playmaker. I believe that Cody Gregory and Tommy Sparks are juniors, they will be back. I think that Tyler Key could be a big playmaker if he gains weight. That kid has heart. My biggest concern is it doesn't become a one man show like last year with a certain oft injured undersized kid taking the spot of an overhyped Otis.

If they depend on the RB that you are referring to, we will be in trouble....seems to be hurt every other week.  IMO, I would move him completely off of offense.

I wouldn't have a problem with them moving Tipton completely to defense as he is a great cornerback. Having said that I like him on offense too because he has made some nice plays at wide receiver and some decent plays at running back. It's my personal opinion that he could be a great offensive weapon for the govs with some small adjustments. However it's up to the coaches and what they decide. I think he could be a great player on either side of the ball.

I'm not comfortable bashing kids on the Internet, but you must have a better view of the field than I do.

Agree.....He is a good athlete, but judging things from the end of this year, I think they have others that are better and more durable.....and with his athletic ability, they should be able to use him on defense.  Now, a lot can happen over the summer, if his work ethic is good and he works his butt off to get bigger and stronger, and some of the others do not work hard, then he may overcome someone on offense......we will see come spring.

I'm not comfortable bashing kids on the Internet, but you must have a better view of the field than I do.

we aren't bashing anybody . My opinion of Tipton is he has the skill set to be a really good player. The only criticism I have is he tries to get too fancy with it .I have seen him try to make one handed catches and ends up dropping the ball or when he is running he tried to juke and go sideways instead of getting up field . If he could get rid of those habits he would be a lot better.