William Blount offseason thread

Governm

By one of the big dogs I mean't we were one of the best teams in East Tennessee that year. That's why I specifically said 2007. So I guess Sevier County,Dobyns Bennett,and Farragut are not good teams because they usually get beat early in the playoffs.

No, they were good teams but when I think of a big dog I think of a perpetually good team throughout a porlonged period of time. Not just one year and you still got beat 2nd round of the playoffs no matter how good that team was.

Yes you have, but your definition of a big dog is very different from mine like Knoxvul said earlier lol One year is one year.

That 1 year means alot to WB fans SS.... That was our best year in school history and ever since Meadows bolted we have been down. We could have continued that success if he stayed, who knows? How do you think OR would be now if Gregory or a coach of his caliber replaced Blade or Lussier? I guarantee you would be happy to win 5 or 6 games and just make the playoffs after 4 or so years of that.

That 1 year means alot to WB fans SS.... That was our best year in school history and ever since Meadows bolted we have been down. We could have continued that success if he stayed, who knows? How do you think OR would be now if Gregory or a coach of his caliber replaced Blade or Lussier? I guarantee you would be happy to win 5 or 6 games and just make the playoffs after 4 or so years of that.

I understand that. We hired Stevens which was equivalent to you guys hiring Gregory. And yes although he took us to the finals I could've taken us to the finals that year. Stevens (God bless him) isj ust not a good coach. Anybody else that knows anything about him will tell you the same thing and not just OR fans. We had talent out of our you know what that year and still lost 2 games. We were up on Ooltewah 35-7 at the half and lost! A Good coach simply doesn't let that happen.

Edited by SweetScience

I understand that. We hired Stevens which was equivalent to you guys hiring Gregory. And yes although he took us to the finals I could've taken us to the finals that year. Stevens (God bless him) isj ust not a good coach. Anybody else that knows anything about him will tell you the same thing and not just OR fans. We had talent out of our you know what that year and still lost 2 games. We were up on Ooltewah 35-7 at the half and lost! A Good coach simply doesn't let that happen.

A truly bad coach would not coach you to state and multiple winning years. His worst year was 4-6. Our best year under Gregory was 4-6 but one of those wins had to be vacated because gregory played an ineligible player so we technically were 3-6. There is a big difference between being 3-7 every year and losing in the state championship game. Stevens is clearly a better coach than gregory

A truly bad coach would not coach you to state and multiple winning years. His worst year was 4-6. Our best year under Gregory was 4-6 but one of those wins had to be vacated because gregory played an ineligible player so we technically were 3-6. There is a big difference between being 3-7 every year and losing in the state championship game. Stevens is clearly a better coach than gregory

Gregory also didn't have NEAR the talent Stevens had at OR. Even in the mediocre years, we still had very good talent. If Stevens had WB's talent the records would've been very comparable. Believe that.

No, they were good teams but when I think of a big dog I think of a perpetually good team throughout a porlonged period of time. Not just one year and you still got beat 2nd round of the playoffs no matter how good that team was.

You keep forgetting all that has happened at WB since that season. In 2008 we were predicted to be just as good but Meadows took a leave of absence and injuries absolutely killed us. And after 2008 Gregory was here. His schemes, personnel decisions, and poor clock management lost us more than a few games. If meadows had never left we would be in much better shape right now.

Gregory also didn't have NEAR the talent Stevens had at OR. Even in the mediocre years, we still had very good talent. If Stevens had WB's talent the records would've been very comparable. Believe that.

I don't buy that, I did not see it when I watched WB and OR play each other in 2006,2007,and 2008.

You keep forgetting all that has happened at WB since that season. In 2008 we were predicted to be just as good but Meadows took a leave of absence and injuries absolutely killed us. And after 2008 Gregory was here. His schemes, personnel decisions, and poor clock management lost us more than a few games. If meadows had never left we would be in much better shape right now.

Well, if Stevens hadn't of ever came to OR we would not be in the position we are in now. If if and if........