William Blount offseason thread

Governm

I got a little fired up last year and had unrealistic expectations and said some things in anger that I did not mean. I do believe that Ridge will right the ship, it will just take time. Last year he made the transition from 1A to coaching in one of the toughest 5A/6A districts in the state. And you also have to remember that he is still young. Alot of us (WB fans) forgot all of that in our excitement. But there have been some positives.... The kids really like him and have bought into what he is selling and he is here for the long haul. He is a WB alum and loves the school and community... And the school has shown a commitment to keep him around by making him the AD. So he is not going anywhere anytime soon. And when you factor into the positive changes that are happening with our feeder program I expect lots of good things in the coming years. No negativity here.

91 i have to ask you this question,have you actually been around the kids?The biggest thing about your coach when he was a GB was the kids didnt like him.They wouldnt sell out for him in a game.I will give you a for instance.Last yr at Oneida(one of the toughest places to play in 1A or 2A)GB is down by 21 and all looks lost but Coach Hicks looks at the kids and says play like your coached to play and they go out and get it done,if not for some key injuries we are a quartefinal team in his first yr because the kids would sell out for him because he relates well to them,with Ridge he would have went to pieces and started yelling and screaming and we would have started doing uncharacteristic things and been blown out(you have already witnessed some of those things-onside kicks for no reason and so on).Under Ridge we underachieved EVERY YEAR.2013 We had the team to get to Cookville we k ew it when these kids were young they were a special group,but we lose to Coalfield AGAIN in the playoffs,a team we should have waxed,he never won a big game with us.I hope he learned somethings from his stint here but time will tell. Edited by orngnblk

^ I have seem a noticeable attitude change in the kids since he has been here, especially from last year to this year, its like a night and day difference. They seem to be buying into what he is selling.

Well if that is so,then you should see a huge difference in play on the field this yr.Looking at your schedule and what the other teams have lost an and what you have returning if you dont win at the least 4 games,then you should really look into becoming a Maryville fan.Joking about the Mville fan thing!

Well if that is so,then you should see a huge difference in play on the field this yr.Looking at your schedule and what the other teams have lost an and what you have returning if you dont win at the least 4 games,then you should really look into becoming a Maryville fan.Joking about the Mville fan thing!

We will win atleast 4 games this year. I'm confident that they will be alot better this year.

I also find it hard to believe that the kids at GB didn't like Ridge. He is young and seems like a nice guy, alot nicer than alot of football coaches you'll meet. Alot of WB fans (myself included) felt that he wasn't hard enough on the players last year.

Edited by Governors91

I also find it hard to believe that the kids at GB didn't like Ridge. He is young and seems like a nice guy, alot nicer than alot of football coaches you'll meet. Alot of WB fans (myself included) felt that he wasn't hard enough on the players last year.

You will find alot of things easier to believe in the near future.I had two sons that played under him,one was an all state player this last yr and on his way to Carson Newman this evening.Of course i am very close to the program and know the coaches well,Coach Ridge knows me on here as well as personally,he also knows i say what i am thinking most of the time(whether i am right or wrong),i had the head Coach at Grace so upset he called Ridge and asked if he was OnB on Coacht.HaHa.Coach Ridge is an avid Coacht reader as well.They were some that liked him of course,off the field he is a very good person by all means,we will just have to see what kind of Coach he will end up.As i said earlier he may have learned from his stint at GB,he is a really good wrestling coach tho:). Edited by orngnblk

What do you mean I will find alot of things easier to believe in the near future?

Just in general.Keep the excitement 91,you never know this may be the place he is supposed to be.I really hope it is.Not many fans will battle the way you do for a team that has been down so long,heck this thread has 42000 views for a team that won two ballgames last yr.You are persistant i will give you that,if your team played as hard as you try to make your point you all may win 5 games this yr.

Just in general.Keep the excitement 91,you never know this may be the place he is supposed to be.I really hope it is.Not many fans will battle the way you do for a team that has been down so long,heck this thread has 42000 views for a team that won two ballgames last yr.You are persistant i will give you that,if your team played as hard as you try to make your point you all may win 5 games this yr.

And we might win more than that. It's very possible! It will all depend on if we can stay healthy and keep working hard and improving. This team has alot more talent and potential than people realize. Alot of people are doubting us too so we have the benefit of flying under the radar. I just hope the coaches and players from the teams we will be playing are doubting us too.