William Blount offseason thread

Governm

jake ....sx and Mr.200mph like thait old Bama helmint two...:

Stars, I have heard that Mr. 200 was a tough hombre back in his day.....he is such a nice guy that it is hard to visualize him being a mean and nasty LB, I guess something happened to him when he put the helmet on.  

Stars, I have heard that Mr. 200 was a tough hombre back in his day.....he is such a nice guy that it is hard to visualize him being a mean and nasty LB, I guess something happened to him when he put the helmet on.

Well I would have said the same thing about Cole Lail.. Except I saw what he did on the field.

Better garbage service on that end of the county.....

Garbige servuss heps evurthang..... B)

Nowl jake.....Mr.200 cain feal hiz oates ever now and then....Ask sx how meen he wuz wif ole Buck Davis down att Cleavlund one nite.... :popcorneater:

How is the rebuilding going at WB? Coach Ridge did well at Greenback, but do the WB fans think he can get it done with the big boys? I saw them once last year, big line, solid run game. From view he has it going in the right direction. What does he have returning?

How is the rebuilding going at WB? Coach Ridge did well at Greenback, but do the WB fans think he can get it done with the big boys? I saw them once last year, big line, solid run game. From view he has it going in the right direction. What does he have returning?

Coach Ridge is doing fine, IMO....Personally, I have seen a big difference in attitude, he has a lot of kids out there that would run through a wall for him.  I am not saying that 100% have bought in, but a whole lot of them have.  They have seen him and his staff on their own time picking up players for workouts or practice, and putting together highlight tapes and sending them to college coaches, and I think the kids are starting to understand that this man truly cares about them and is doing everything he can to help them.  And Coach Otis has worked their butt off in the weight room, I think he has done a great job.

They have quite a bit returning from last year.  Expect a big improvement on the defensive side of the ball, they should be pretty good up front, the key to how good they can be on defense will be how soon a couple of LB's can mature.  DB's look to be pretty athletic.  The only problem, if you call it that, would be that in order to be the best they can be up front on defense, they will have to play a couple of kids both ways, so they may be wore down in the 4th.  Remember the name Josh Perkins, OL/DL, I think this kid has a chance at being very good.  He was invited to Junior day at UT, and had college scouts there watching him the first day of spring practice.

Offensively:  OL should be a strong point, the kids they have there this year are probably better suited for this offense than some of the ones they had last year due to their quickness. The OL probably won't be as big this year as they lost a 280 lb kid and a 290 lb kid from last year, this OL will probably average between 250-260.  I think the receivers have really good potential there there are probably about 10 to 12 kids battling for spots.  I don't know what direction they will go with QB, they have a Senior and a Soph, the Senior was the starter last year, so that probably gives him the advantage.....and I think there will be a Soph win the battle for the RB spot.  

On offense, they had a decent run game with Otis last year, but in the passing game, most of our passes were screens or bombs....I think you will see a lot more mid-range passing this year (8-20 yards).  Should be a fun year.

If Myrick doesnt start at QB where will he be? I think he has to be starting somewhere on offense. He is too good not to.

I don't have the answer to that....I don't see him playing anything else on offense.  He might would get a chance to play some on defense, but I am not even sure about that.