William Blount offseason thread

Governm

Imo it would be a big mistake not to put him somewhere on offense. Runningback maybe? He was a one man wrecking crew running the ball at QB anyway. From what I saw out of him last year he is a special talent and could be "the guy" for the Govs. He is the type of athlete who is capable of scoring or getting big gains every time he touches the ball. While the Govs have a few good athletes I dont see anyone else being close to him.

Just a little bit about William Blount.

Because they have disrespected....totally ignored their roots...the reason they exist and why they are here today, complete and total success with never come their way. Uniforms...helmet colors...who is playing where and who are the new transfers....none of this matters. The day that William Blount realizes their sins...their total disrespect of their beginnings, and makes the change to the Cardinals and dons the Cardinal red, nothing monumental is obtainable. BUT, when the change is made success will come flowing in like the water over the dam at the Greenbelt. The Cardinals of Alnwick will again be a power in the state and likely the nation as the Alnwick Cardinals soar to incredible heights.

What do you think?

Just a little bit about William Blount.

Because they have disrespected....totally ignored their roots...the reason they exist and why they are here today, complete and total success with never come their way. Uniforms...helmet colors...who is playing where and who are the new transfers....none of this matters. The day that William Blount realizes their sins...their total disrespect of their beginnings, and makes the change to the Cardinals and dons the Cardinal red, nothing monumental is obtainable. BUT, when the change is made success will come flowing in like the water over the dam at the Greenbelt. The Cardinals of Alnwick will again be a power in the state and likely the nation as the Alnwick Cardinals soar to incredible heights.

What do you think?

:popcorneater:  :popcorneater:  :popcorneater:

Imo it would be a big mistake not to put him somewhere on offense. Runningback maybe? He was a one man wrecking crew running the ball at QB anyway. From what I saw out of him last year he is a special talent and could be "the guy" for the Govs. He is the type of athlete who is capable of scoring or getting big gains every time he touches the ball. While the Govs have a few good athletes I dont see anyone else being close to him.

No disrespect, but I think you are a little too high on him.  I don't think he will be playing anywhere else on offense.  He is not one of the best "athletes" on the field....his biggest attribute in watching a few Freshmen/JV games last year is that he reads defenses and will throw to whichever receiver is open, a lot of young QB's make their mind up where they are going to throw the ball before it is snapped regardless if the guy is open or triple covered. That is just my opinion.

No disrespect, but I think you are a little too high on him.  I don't think he will be playing anywhere else on offense.  He is not one of the best "athletes" on the field....his biggest attribute in watching a few Freshmen/JV games last year is that he reads defenses and will throw to whichever receiver is open, a lot of young QB's make their mind up where they are going to throw the ball before it is snapped regardless if the guy is open or triple covered. That is just my opinion.

Well said!

From what I watched of him last year he is very consistent offensively.. Whether he was running or throwing the ball it seemed like he made something positive come out of the play. Can you say that about anyone else on the varsity team last year besides otis? Nope.. Whether it was the QB making a boneheaded mistake and overthrowing the receiver or throwing an interception/pick 6 or the receivers dropping wide open passes , inconsistency was a serious problem and has been the problem every year since 07. And I think it would be more then foolish to not put someone like him on offense when he can do things that nobody else on the team can do. Am I the only one who remembers his touchdown run against Knoxville West?

From what I watched of him last year he is very consistent offensively.. Whether he was running or throwing the ball it seemed like he made something positive come out of the play. Can you say that about anyone else on the varsity team last year besides otis? Nope.. Whether it was the QB making a boneheaded mistake and overthrowing the receiver or throwing an interception/pick 6 or the receivers dropping wide open passes , inconsistency was a serious problem and has been the problem every year since 07. And I think it would be more then foolish to not put someone like him on offense when he can do things that nobody else on the team can do. Am I the only one who remembers his touchdown run against Knoxville West?

I remember it.....the point I was trying to make is that if he is on the field offensively, it will be at QB, not RB or WR.....his attributes on offense is more suited to the QB position rather than him being that versatile athlete that can play any position.

Well I could see him being a RB because he was more of a "keep it and run" QB anyways. I dont think it would be a stretch for him to get some carries. And also last year it seemed like Ridge wanted to run the ball more than pass. If he is going to be doing the same thing this year I think Myrick would be a better fit at QB anyways. But thats just my opinion.