Who will be the next Head Coach at Knox Central

Vols1234

Long time central fan here......and I can attest that NUMEROUS factors have led to us being less than mediocre. Helton, for all he did for the program, started this mess by using selective discipline for selective players. That selective enforcement led to quite a few talented athletes transferring out of the school zone to attend other schools that gave them a more stable environment to let their talents flourish. The rezoning definitely did not do any favors for the Bobcats. Helton's mismanagement and subsequent firing (aka "retirement ") offered the hope for stability with the promotion of assistant coach Hassell to head coach. The firing ("retirement)") of Helton and the hiring of Hassell fractured the fan base, and it has yet to recover. After 20+ years of Helton's tenure, Hassell could NOT change the culture and mind set in three years....but progress was being made, believe it or not. Now, Central has a spineless and hands-off administration. Its hard to get a feel of which way the administration will go, because they all tow the company line and you cant get a word with any of them without making an appointment weeks in advance. I have lost all hope that Central will have a competitive football program for years to come, but whomever they hire will definitely have to be a "yes man" with this new administration. Regardless, I'll still be there to cheers the kids on.

If lambert is ad you are correct. Admin does want a yes man that's the way Knox co does it now. Starts with vindictive superintendent. As far as hands off turn your head administration. That was one of the problems with Coach Helton. Millers feared him so he got out of control IMO. Long time Bobcat fan would the administration approach Mcmillen

If lambert is ad you are correct. Admin does want a yes man that's the way Knox co does it now. Starts with vindictive superintendent. As far as hands off turn your head administration. That was one of the problems with Coach Helton. Millers feared him so he got out of control IMO. Long time Bobcat fan would the administration approach Mcmillen

Sounds like you all need to vote someone out as superintendent over there and get that mess cleaned up.

Sounds like you all need to vote someone out as superintendent over there and get that mess cleaned up.

Wish we could vote out the superintendent, but that is not an elected position.  He is hired by the school board, which means that all he needs is to satisfy 5 of the 9 school board members to get votes for his continual employment and policies he wants to implement.

It's pretty sad that in a county with the population that Knox has that the superintendent only needs to have 5 individuals on his side to pretty much do things as he sees fit. 

What about Jasen Phillips or Tom Lourendine they both in college now and from around here? I'd make the AD & Principle do it since that fired JH without giving him a chance to turn it TOTALLY around.

Best question might be is who would want it after the way they treated JH?

Jason Phillips would be a Great Choice , Coach Quarles Protege who was his first QB . Jason has College experience being an Offensive Coordinator , and is now on the Staff for Troy , that team that put 48 points on TN last year . Jason will probably have several different options to choose from in the DI College Coaching ranks , but might be interested in coming back home for the right job . Jason knows what it takes to win in High School Football , but he would have to have a Team that was willing to put in that extra work that the great Teams like Maryville and Alcoa are willing to do . I hear this Recruiting Crap all the time from fans of area teams , and when I ask them do your players have about 50-70 kids out working during the Summer about 6 or 7AM , they always say well the coaches can't do that ... no they can't but kids that want to win , and want to create their own destiny are out there working their Arses off every day on their own ! I know Central used to have this kind of Championship Drive , a Smart young upcoming Coach would be a Great Start in getting them back to the Glory they had in the past . 

Jason Phillips would be a Great Choice , Coach Quarles Protege who was his first QB . Jason has College experience being an Offensive Coordinator , and is now on the Staff for Troy , that team that put 48 points on TN last year . Jason will probably have several different options to choose from in the DI College Coaching ranks , but might be interested in coming back home for the right job . Jason knows what it takes to win in High School Football , but he would have to have a Team that was willing to put in that extra work that the great Teams like Maryville and Alcoa are willing to do . I hear this Recruiting Crap all the time from fans of area teams , and when I ask them do your players have about 50-70 kids out working during the Summer about 6 or 7AM , they always say well the coaches can't do that ... no they can't but kids that want to win , and want to create their own destiny are out there working their Arses off every day on their own ! I know Central used to have this kind of Championship Drive , a Smart young upcoming Coach would be a Great Start in getting them back to the Glory they had in the past . 

:thumb: