Greeneville Vs. Betsy

DevilMan03

What is it between Greeneville and Elizabethton? It seems like Greeneville fans hold Elizabethton in total contempt. Is there an old rivalry between the two programs?

If I'm not mistaking the Greeneville Betsy rivalry was the longest in the state...... Till Betsy dropped us. If not the longest one of the longest

Either way. Pressure is on greeneville not ehs. We can talk in here all we want but we don't know what is really going through the kids heads. I think its safe to say this is greenevilles biggest trap game of the season as well as toughest game to this point

All the pressure is on Greeneville?! Really?! so, I guess Betsy is just glad to be here? Heck...your the 3rd ranked team in the state in 4A...I would think ya'll would have plenty to prove! So, EHS doesn't want to win a gold ball? Then why are you even in the playoffs? This time of year (2nd round of State Playoffs)  the pressure is on every team...its the Sr leadership, big time game experience and the overpowering will to win that is what will bring down that pressure. Who deflates the pressure first has the upper hand. Also, This is not the biggest trap game for the Devils...it was Signal Mnt. and we saw what the Devils did to them. Heck...I'm not on here to try and sway any Betsy fans to put on a Greene Devils sweatshirt on Friday night! LOL we all want our team to win! so right now we are all going to thump our chests and have fun with it... because another point is we are not the ones strapping it up on Friday! LOL for us fans...Its all in fun and even though I'm removed from having a son playing at Greeneville now for 2 years this years SR. class is the last group of young men I have watched grow up and I'm following them as they were my own! Its going to be a great evening...I love this time of year! Go Devils...56-10 Devils...

hahaha........I got to admit, the "Wilson" reference was a good one, but im really not sure what you're trying to say in this post. I think any of the throng of Fulton "half my age" folks that surrounded me before and after the fulton game last year would confirm that indeed, this "WILSON" doesn't hide behind the fence, infact I love to come out and play with the opposition, the only problem is usually this is how I feel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDGyPRr9-AE

Just messing with you and your fuel your adding to the Fulton Locker room. I know you're devoted... just like me.

Ill try to answer each of your questions , No i did not play for them  , yes i do know how they think,  i never said or thought that you all would kill scott i knew they have a very good passing game so i was 50/50 on that game and i never predicted a blowout. When you say trap game im gonna say No because you of all people should know that this is not Greeneville's  first rodeo . They have been through several state championship games and been tried and tested over the last several years so i think that the coaching staff has a firm grip on the way they handle each game these young men will not allow themselves to look ahead i know several of the coaches and players and they will not talk about the next game until the next game . Yes it will be a tough game for Greeneville as it should be this is playoff time but we overlook no one ill bet cha on that!

Yes, I know Greeneville has been here many times lol I knew you weren't saying we would blow out Scott Co. but some of the Greeneville faithful thought we'd have an easier time than we did, heck, we didn't even think they'd come that close to beating us either.

All the pressure is on Greeneville?! Really?! so, I guess Betsy is just glad to be here? Heck...your the 3rd ranked team in the state in 4A...I would think ya'll would have plenty to prove! So, EHS doesn't want to win a gold ball? Then why are you even in the playoffs? This time of year (2nd round of State Playoffs)  the pressure is on every team...its the Sr leadership, big time game experience and the overpowering will to win that is what will bring down that pressure. Who deflates the pressure first has the upper hand. Also, This is not the biggest trap game for the Devils...it was Signal Mnt. and we saw what the Devils did to them. Heck...I'm not on here to try and sway any Betsy fans to put on a Greene Devils sweatshirt on Friday night! LOL we all want our team to win! so right now we are all going to thump our chests and have fun with it... because another point is we are not the ones strapping it up on Friday! LOL for us fans...Its all in fun and even though I'm removed from having a son playing at Greeneville now for 2 years this years SR. class is the last group of young men I have watched grow up and I'm following them as they were my own! Its going to be a great evening...I love this time of year! Go Devils...56-10 Devils...

Still saying the pressure is on Greeneville. Everyone outside of the team's themselves is looking for the Greeneville/Fulton matchup. It's been talked about all year and hammered in everyone's heads that Fulton facing Greenville is fact. EHS is always ranked Top 5 but there is always 1 or 2 ahead of them. CAK/Alcoa in 3A and now Greeneville/Fulton in 4A. Greeneville is "supposed" to win this game and in turn prove that they definitely deserve their ranking. Media has been hyping up a potential Fulton/Greenville match up to an extent. So the pressure is on Greeneville to perform like everyone expects them to. As for EHS being happy to be here...I'd say that is probably fairly accurate. A lot of us at the beginning of this season and end of last season thought we'd have a down year losing a lot of our size on the line. Plus with South moving down it wasn't looking great along with Science Hill and TN High on the schedule and a lot of us weren't sure on the outlook of the season until the Science Hill game. So yeah, I like to have fun riling up the Greeneville fan and all but in the end..EHS wasn't "supposed" to make it this far but yet here we are. We are scrappy an tough and always a though team. :)

What is it between Greeneville and Elizabethton? It seems like Greeneville fans hold Elizabethton in total contempt. Is there an old rivalry between the two programs?

As someone said, yes it is an old rivalry. But it does appear, at least on coacht, that some Greeneville fans hold contempt for us. If you notice it's usually Gville starting all the crap in everyone else's thread. Sure we got some that stir the pot but we hardly ever fire first.

Another reason is probably because we are just as confident as they are and they don't like that..:) Also I'd say our fan bases are 2 of the largest on coacht so there will always be fireworks at some point.

Edited by EHSTrack06