Greeneville Vs. Betsy

DevilMan03

Either way. Pressure is on greeneville not ehs. We can talk in here all we want but we don't know what is really going through the kids heads. I think its safe to say this is greenevilles biggest trap game of the season as well as toughest game to this point

I don't know that the pressure is on Greeneville,they have played in 3 championship games in 4a. I believe it's your first year. 

it might be the first time in 4a but in 3a we played alcoa a number of times and a strong CA K team. each time they went on to win the state championshipso you could say that we've been at least 3 title level games.

Well if we can count the times we got smoked by Maryville, we could pad our resume too! And we're 1-1 against Alcoa...what's your record against them?

Edited by barb

24-13 E-town. We are gonna show you what a real running back can do! Now this thread is heating up! Haha! If any of you want to talk at game, I'll be wearing an Alabama hoody and I have a "goat beard". Maybe y'all will be able to rub it in, but I doubt it!! Go Cyclones!!!

come on Bama, EHS isnt playing with Bama's D. we'll have 13 on the board after 2 or 3 series. Im not saying we're gona put 50 or 60 on betsy, but wouldnt be shocked if we did. after giving it much thought i'll say Devils 48 Betsy 21

Barb....I'm just replying to your post. You said this was our first time, and I said we have played in title level games as well. Go ahead and count Maryville(you only played them ONE TIME since 2001 and it was in the semi-finals) and Alcoa but both of them were during regular season while we faced Alcoa and CAK in the semis and even your own Greeneville compatriots have said playoff football is different than regular season. You're 1-1 because the season you won Alcoa had their worst year in recent memory. Anyway the year you lost to Maryville wasn't a year to remember, you all beat us by 9, TN High by 7, and South 7 before meeting Maryville so it wasn't a Greeneville dominated year. But to answer your original question, I think we're 0-2 against Alcoa with both losses being back 2 back in the semis when they went 15-0 beating Marybille those 2 years and winning 3A. So yeah, EHS has experience in championship level games, we just have had the misfortune to run into the eventual state champions in the semis/quarters. That being said, you should be happy because if history is consistent..you all should go on to win it all lol