Knox. Fulton vs Sullivan South

Ktownfootball

Honestly guys I don't thing the remarks about academics were intended to be so much of a jab at Fulton as some have perceived it. The praises of the Fulton Falcon football team have been shouted out from the corners of about every city in Tennessee except for the burgs of Greeneville and Maryville. Other than recent state championships in golf and volleyball South doesn't have any other extremely recent state-wide acclamation other than consistently high test scores. This year they were tops in NET and somewhere around top 5 in the whole state. Lots of schools have accomplishments to be proud about and pointing out a few of those things doesn't necessarily mean you are insulting others. South is looking forward to this steep challenge and now that we are in 4A maybe this can be the first of many meetings in the playoffs. Praying for an injury-free Friday night for all.

Honestly guys I don't thing the remarks about academics were intended to be so much of a jab at Fulton as some have perceived it. The praises of the Fulton Falcon football team have been shouted out from the corners of about every city in Tennessee except for the burgs of Greeneville and Maryville. Other than recent state championships in golf and volleyball South doesn't have any other extremely recent state-wide acclamation other than consistently high test scores. This year they were tops in NET and somewhere around top 5 in the whole state. Lots of schools have accomplishments to be proud about and pointing out a few of those things doesn't necessarily mean you are insulting others. South is looking forward to this steep challenge and now that we are in 4A maybe this can be the first of many meetings in the playoffs. Praying for an injury-free Friday night for all.

Thank you, that sounds really nice and well thought out. I know there is always a couple of fans with each fan base that misrepresents the majority of good high school fans that enjoy Friday nights and supporting their hometown. However... could you condense it to a few sentences, cut out the big words, and avoid the acronyms so that our players can understand what you are saying?

Edited by Photoman

Photoman, you may chastise me if you like. In my post I awarded you kudos for what you do very well...and that is football. Make no mistake, I am a die hard fan of the game and an advocate of the high school program as it is administered in this state. Your program is obviously top shelf in Tennessee. If I had a child of correct age and lived in the Knoxville area I would seriously consider sending him there. However, I did some reading. Your test scores are the worst in Knoxville...and very low on the national average. If I were looking for a traditionally successful football program in Knox County and academics were not the number one deciding factor then Fulton would be a top  contender. Provided I had a son who had the ability to play in your system. My suggestion to you is...you have the athletes, the program, the tradition...now go build the academics and you will have a storied program. Otherwise you're a great athletic school with no academics. South is a historically high ranking accademic school that just so happens to have a decent football program. They don't recruit, or offer any benefits to any outside desirable player in order to coerce them into attending South. We take our homeboys and do the best we can with them. Our coach was a former Mr. Football so we do have a little pride.

I hope we can hang with you long enough to give you some competition.

Wow worst test scores in knox county? Why does that matter in a sullivan south vs fulton high school football thread? I went to fulton was a 3 year starter and won many games and I also graduated with a 3.9 gpa and a 28 on the ACT. I also received a full ride academic scholarship to MTSU. Academics of a school is what you make it. But your comment compusatman was very below the belt and borderline racist. We do not recruit at fulton either. Enjoy your trip to knoxville because it's going to be a long ride back after we beat you like you stole something. That will not require any test.

Photoman, you may chastise me if you like. In my post I awarded you kudos for what you do very well...and that is football. Make no mistake, I am a die hard fan of the game and an advocate of the high school program as it is administered in this state. Your program is obviously top shelf in Tennessee. If I had a child of correct age and lived in the Knoxville area I would seriously consider sending him there. However, I did some reading. Your test scores are the worst in Knoxville...and very low on the national average. If I were looking for a traditionally successful football program in Knox County and academics were not the number one deciding factor then Fulton would be a top  contender. Provided I had a son who had the ability to play in your system. My suggestion to you is...you have the athletes, the program, the tradition...now go build the academics and you will have a storied program. Otherwise you're a great athletic school with no academics. South is a historically high ranking accademic school that just so happens to have a decent football program. They don't recruit, or offer any benefits to any outside desirable player in order to coerce them into attending South. We take our homeboys and do the best we can with them. Our coach was a former Mr. Football so we do have a little pride.

I hope we can hang with you long enough to give you some competition.

Your honor... We have no more questions for the well-educated bigot. The prosecution would like to rest our case.

Edited by Photoman