Knox. Fulton vs Sullivan South

Ktownfootball

Fultons' 1st team is 6A, their 2nd team is 5A, their 3rd team is 4A, their 4th team is 3A and their Frosh are 2A...and champs in all catagories. So there. You want your kid to play pro ball...send him to Fulton. That is...if he makes the team. South is a highly successful academic school with the test scores and alumni business leaders to prove it. But no gold ball. Fulton is in North Knoxville. So we got the South side against the North side. Seems fitting for Southers.  

Fultons' 1st team is 6A, their 2nd team is 5A, their 3rd team is 4A, their 4th team is 3A and their Frosh are 2A...and champs in all catagories. So there. You want your kid to play pro ball...send him to Fulton. That is...if he makes the team. South is a highly successful academic school with the test scores and alumni business leaders to prove it. But no gold ball. Fulton is in North Knoxville. So we got the South side against the North side. Seems fitting for Southers.

What kinda crap is that? You're smart and have business leaders to prove it? You are obviously convinced that your Friday competition is athletic but dumb and we have the trophies to prove it. For who seems to be a scholarly and business savvy.... All I saw was you opening your mouth and stupid falling out. I know it may not be in the curriculum, but you might want to sign up for an etiquette class. It should help your future business practices and keep you from choking on your shoe strings. Gee whiz... While I'm thinking about it, bring your smart kids to do the math on the score board. There might be a lot of adding involved.

• Upvote 1

I watched both Fultons 7th and 8th grade kids play at brentwood academy this year. Credit to them for playing and driving all the way to Nashville. BA beat their 8 th grade 35-6 and their 7th grade lost as well but had some really good looking players on that team. You could tell from the way they went through drills the coaching was very good and the kids had rock solid sportsmanship.

Kids come play for the Fulton 8th grade program simply for the fact they have the best coaching staff in the area for that age group and they have a history of championships. Kids wanna play for a winner. And to be honest about 95% of the kids on that team go the middle schools that feed into Fulton. This was the first time in about 6 years that program hasn't played for the city championship.

Probably not appropiate to ask this to the Fulton fans but a honest question none the less... Since y'all believe your team is the best in the area (and TN for that matter) how do you think they would stack up against say....Maryville or one of those recruiting academies I hear so much about around the area. I know Fulton wouldn't score 70 on Quarles and his squad! I'm just asking for honest replies as this is no attack or any ill will intended just curious how the Fulton faithful see these games going?

Edited by Spooner

Probably not appropiate to ask this to the Fulton fans but a honest question none the less... Since y'all believe your team is the best in the area (and TN for that matter) how do you think they would stack up against say....Maryville or one of those recruiting academies I hear so much about around the area. I know Fulton wouldn't score 70 on Quarles and his squad! I'm just asking for honest replies as this is no attack or any ill will intended just curious how the Fulton faithful see these games going?

You get alot of people jumping on band wagon making statements they dont have any idea what they are saying .. Fulton has a good team ... any would welocme to play teams like Ensworth , BA or Maryville .. whether they could beat who knows. I heard Ensworth handled Maryville pretty wellin pre season and BA just beat Ensworth -- and Maryville is Maryville - from A Falcon Fan who knows alot about the program .. we would welcome chance to see how we fared.     

It will be interesting to see how South's coaching staff approaches this one. Speed or lack thereof will be a critical component of the game. Offensive playmakers who have been really good with speed and quickness are going to be less effective here. They would help much more on defense perhaps. 

Clock management, approach to the kicking game, and turning the Falcons aggressiveness and speed against them will all be important to making this one competitive.

Good luck Rebels.

Clock management, approach to the kicking game, and turning the Falcons aggressiveness and speed against them will all be important to making this one competitive.

Good luck Rebels.

Yes teams have tried that strategy .. keeping the ball away from Fultons potent offense .. and teams have kicked out of bounds all year on punts and scribbled kickoff ... very diciplined on defense so speed gets ya  .. if they do make a mistake they have the speed to make up for it .... the formula is one that most teams try but ..its easier said than done.  

I think where fulton wins is on the line. The lineman are able to create space for their backs and that opens up the air it need be. So for me the game plan would be to control the line and I just don't think many teams can do that in 4a ( if any ) I am not sure any team will beat them unless they can match up on the line. Speed is only good if you have space to run. A physical , agressive defense with a good line and speed is the only way to beat fulton. Pearl Cohn and Greeneville more than likely have the best shot . Pearl is big and fast but MBA ( which is big, fast and more disciplined) beat them 38-0.

Anyways fulton definitely the favorite

Yes teams have tried that strategy .. keeping the ball away from Fultons potent offense .. and teams have kicked out of bounds all year on punts and scribbled kickoff ... very diciplined on defense so speed gets ya .. if they do make a mistake they have the speed to make up for it .... the formula is one that most teams try but ..its easier said than done.