District 3-AAA

SweetScience

Thanks Par. Good luck at CC Friday night. It was one of the better games earlier this year at Halls. CC is playing much better of late and I hope it's a good game. I'm going to do my best to make it. I'm thinking Randy should get a lot of votes for coach of the year. Sole possession of third was a big accomplishment for Halls. But they've done exactly what everyone else in the district should try and do, beat teams 3-9 and try and steal one alone the way against the top two and bam, u have third place wrapped up. Their the only team to do just that this year. Again congrats.

And now there playing for the district championship!! What a job by randy Moore and these kids. There are probably 4-5 teams in our district with better players and have good coaches, but he took a bunch of Rupps Runts and won 20 games, 3rd in district, and in the championship game. Someone in another post on here said coaching was overrated? Well I doubt any other coach in our district could have done this, with this group. Because they wouldnt change there styles to fit there talent, like randy did. I honestly think the way this has played out our district could sweep the other district next week. Any thoughts?

Edited by CarolinaCrazy

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And now there playing for the district championship!! What a job by randy Moore and these kids. There are probably 4-5 teams in our district with better players and have good coaches, but he took a bunch of Rupps Runts and won 20 games, 3rd in district, and in the championship game. Someone in another post on here said coaching was overrated? Well I doubt any other coach in our district could have done this, with this group. Because they wouldnt change there styles to fit there talent, like randy did. I honestly think the way this has played out our district could sweep the other district next week. Any thoughts?

It's certainly possible. Powell beat HVA, Bearden, and Farragut during the regular season, and unless they beat Karns tonight, they'll end up playing at Maryville which would be a tough matchup. Barring an upset tonight, I think Maryville-Powell and Bearden-Halls are toss-ups. I don't think OR/Karns would have any trouble with Farragut/HVA.

Halls played OR tough tonight, I think they just ran out of gas when the 3's quit falling. Lots of intensity and desire from the Devils, 23 crossed the line a time or 2 on intensity and dirty, but played his heart out.

Great season Wildcats, now go follow it up. No more slow starts!!!

Congrats Halls on a tough game and 2nd place finish in the district. You have a tough hard nosed bunch of kids. Our defense was seriously unreal in the 2nd half. I think Coach green on the post game interview said we gave up 9 points the whole 2nd half from the field! Geez, that is unreal. #12 for OR Geevantay Gee totally shut down Corvette and I think Corvette got a little frustrated there at the end, but he played his guts out I really respect that kid. That defense we put on in the 2nd half was just amazing.

2 Points in the 3rd.

Not to knock OR, but they CANNOT advance thru Nashville/Memphis playing 1/2 a game of basketball.  There is no doubt they are the most dominate team in the area, but they need to figure out the slow start thing.  Wish Powell and Karns good luck on the road, and OR good luck at home. 

Crazy! Very surprised!

Karns is due to beat Oak Ridge!

Yep. We better bring our A+ game vs Karns Tuesday. OR hasn't been playing good ball at all lately, but we are still winning, so I can't complain too much. Hopefully we can re-find our groove Tuesday night so to say. We have been in a rut since beating Karns during the regular season by 18 or so. They are gonna bring the Heat. If We can limit Sibley to 20 or so (very hard to do) then we will have a good chance. We can't let him get 30 on us again or we will be in trouble. Shocked that Powell flat manhandled Maryville AT MARYVILLE. That one is strange indeed.

Edited by SweetScience

Yep. We better bring our A+ game vs Karns Tuesday. OR hasn't been playing good ball at all lately, but we are still winning, so I can't complain too much. Hopefully we can re-find our groove Tuesday night so to say. We have been in a rut since beating Karns during the regular season by 18 or so. They are gonna bring the Heat. If We can limit Sibley to 20 or so (very hard to do) then we will have a good chance. We can't let him get 30 on us again or we will be in trouble. Shocked that Powell flat manhandled Maryville AT MARYVILLE. That one is strange indeed.

Oak Ridge seemed a little flat early but there Defense was impressive again. #10 freshman deandre (I think) was shooting the lights out tonight.

Oak Ridge seemed a little flat early but there Defense was impressive again. #10 freshman deandre (I think) was shooting the lights out tonight.

True. The defense hasn't at all been a problem this year. We play fantastic D, but the Offense has been pretty stale lately and lackluster first halves lately. We can't be having those kinds of starts against really good teams or we will lose point blank. We have been a mediocre team in the 1st half for awhile now. Can't do that against real good competition. Maybe against these East TN teams, but if and a big if we make it out of this region we can't be playing like that in the 1st half and expect to win against teams west of here. And if Gibson stays healthy until the end of his SR year I could see that kid beaking the 3 pt record at OR. Kid can flat shoot it.

Edited by SweetScience

Congrats to District 3-AAA teams on a clean sweep. Saw the Powell/ Maryville game. It wasn't a pretty game to watch by any stretch but Powell certainly dominated the second half. Powell was determined to pressure Garrett, make him give up the ball, and take their chances against the other guys......... 36 points for MHS tells the whole story on how that worked.Ogan didn't look like a coach ready to retire- he was animated and involved from the opening tip.

Congrats to District 3-AAA teams on a clean sweep. Saw the Powell/ Maryville game. It wasn't a pretty game to watch by any stretch but Powell certainly dominated the second half. Powell was determined to pressure Garrett, make him give up the ball, and take their chances against the other guys......... 36 points for MHS tells the whole story on how that worked.Ogan didn't look like a coach ready to retire- he was animated and involved from the opening tip.

Should be a great game with Powell and Halls. Halls is very scrappy. I can't wait till the OR Karns game. Lucky I get to watch both at OR.