Silverdale @ Hampton

skydogg25

You keep wanting to get a rise outta me, I'm through fighting and bickering with you fellers. I'm not going to change my feelings, but I'll not  fight right on about it. The TSSA is going to do what they seem fit but they can't make us like it. It is what it is.

Well, this was a lot more fun when we were bickering and fighting...

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm interested in hearing about the Hampton kid that really isn't a Hampton kid, but due to TSSAA rules, he's now allowed to be a Hampton kid.....

Played aau ball with some of Hampton's players, they moved to Hampton so he could play with his friends. I don't think you can do that by the rules, but there is no way to prove thats what he done. But I'm not stupid enough to think he came here for a better education or the family just desided to move here.  I do know it was reported to the TSSAA and they investagated it. It is what it is. Now there is you an honest answer . I don't even know if my opinion is accurate, but I'd bet it is.

I've seen this guy say some extremely bad things about GCA and the transfers that come into our school. And now, they are benefiting under the same rules that we play under and are as tight lipped as a largemouth in mid January.

Its rare as Chicken teeth when a kid moves to Hampton to play sports, But I'm sure thats the case in this situation.

It's not about defending it. I'm sure the kid is there because he wanted to play or attend school there. I wasn't implying there was ANYTHING inappropriate about the situation. I'm sure he moved over 25 miles from his previous residence and was declared eligible to play. I have absolutely no problem with any of it, it wouldn't matter if I did have a problem. The point is you have been saying very bad things about the TSSAA and GCA about transfers, and the whole time you were playing a transfer.

It's not about defending it. I'm sure the kid is there because he wanted to play or attend school there. I wasn't implying there was ANYTHING inappropriate about the situation. I'm sure he moved over 25 miles from his previous residence and was declared eligible to play. I have absolutely no problem with any of it, it wouldn't matter if I did have a problem. The point is you have been saying very bad things about the TSSAA and GCA about transfers, and the whole time you were playing a transfer.

I'd bet Pujo would have a problem with it if someone stuck a $6,900 check (+ application and activities fees) in his parents pocket with a wink and said "glad to have y'all at HHS". Ah, there's the rub.

Edited by crow

By the rules ,you are not allowed to change schools just for sports. I'm sure thats what happened in this case, but there is no way to prove it. Idon't even know that to be the case myself.  One transfer and 20  is 19 apart.