What is up at Waverly?

PR25

I'm a huge Camden fan and always will be, but I think if this MM business is a fact, the Camden-Waverly game will be back on people's agenda in the next two to three years - a game not to miss. I have heard the system over there does not support football like some other systems do, and if this is true it won't fly with McConnell. 

I'm a huge Camden fan and always will be, but I think if this MM business is a fact, the Camden-Waverly game will be back on people's agenda in the next two to three years - a game not to miss. I have heard the system over there does not support football like some other systems do, and if this is true it won't fly with McConnell.

It will be nice to get that old rival kick started back like it was in the 90's and early 2000's. Looking forward to it.

There have been a lot of great Camden-Waverly games over the past years. One year we were at Waverly down 0-7 at the half. Late in the fourth quarter we scored in the south end zone and went for two. Won the game 8-7. I also remember one year when the Blue White Fight boys beat us 3-0 in a slobber knocker. After that year, both schools started letting the opposing school's teachers in free to help keep order in the stands. 

Edited by @38320

How's Camden looking? Heard they lost a lot and won't be a contender in the district. Will Waverly end the 11 year losing streak against Camden this year? Waverly has 9 starters on both sides returning.

We lose a lot every year...we lost less this year than most. Our Freshman team shut out Lewis Co JV and won  a heck of a game vs Fariview who was the only team that actually brought a freshman team to play our freshman team  Our JV had a very good year as well..our JV lost one game  and our freshman lost one game..our demise is greatly exaggerated. We need to figure out how to defend the spread option/wingt hybred better other than that Camden will be just fine.

Congratulations on the new Head coach Waverly.. hope we dont play till late in the season so we have plenty of film on you and you're at the top of your game..

We lose a lot every year...we lost less this year than most. Our Freshman team shut out Lewis Co JV and won a heck of a game vs Fariview who was the only team that actually brought a freshman team to play our freshman team Our JV had a very good year as well..our JV lost one game and our freshman lost one game..our demise is greatly exaggerated. We need to figure out how to defend the spread option/wingt hybred better other than that Camden will be just fine.

Congratulations on the new Head coach Waverly.. hope we dont play till late in the season so we have plenty of film on you and you're at the top of your game..

Sorry my friend but your wrong about Camden's freshmen beating our our jv team, y'all beat beat our freshmen! Lewis has both a freshmen team and a jv team!

Sorry my friend but your wrong about Camden's freshmen beating our our jv team, y'all beat beat our freshmen! Lewis has both a freshmen team and a jv team!

Not what one of your parents told me...said his kid was a Junior and they were mostly sophomores with  some freshman. That would explain why the JV game was canceled. Maybe he was wrong about the rest but I am pretty sure he knows how old his kid is :rolleyes:  

Edited by Beagle

Beagle

It will be week 8 like it was last year...at Waverly this time

Nice! good luck in the off season..cant remember his name but you guys had a freshman this year started on defense ...kid was playing like a senior by years end..big hitter. I really don't look forward to watching him develop in his next 3 years

Nice! good luck in the off season..cant remember his name but you guys had a freshman this year started on defense ...kid was playing like a senior by years end..big hitter. I really don't look forward to watching him develop in his next 3 years

Ha! Which one? Waverly had several Freshman & Sophomores starting. Good luck to y'all as well

Not what one of your parents told me...said his kid was a Junior and they were mostly sophomores with some freshman. That would explain why the JV game was canceled. Maybe he was wrong about the rest but I am pretty sure he knows how old his kid is :rolleyes:

ok your right! You know more about Lewis than I do but I can promise you one thing Lewis has over 30 freshmen on the team and they play all of their games on Thursday and we play our jv games on Monday Edited by alltime