Davidson Academy

wreagle71

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bryan Dupree. Coached several years at various high schools in the area. Has coached te last couple of years at a Sumner County MS. I hear he is ready to go back to HS and may have also applied. Would certainly be worth interviewing. Another coach tht knows football and coaches with passion.

Bubba Spears would be a great fit.

Bubba could be a great hire for Davidson Academy.  He is retired from Metro where he won at every school he was the head coach and that is not an easy task in Metro.  He may not require as much $$$ as most D2 head coaches & a few assistant coaches in D2 earn $100,000.00+ to coach football. 

Davidson could do a whole lot worse than Bubba. You guys act like DA is a powerhouse or something. The small class will never, EVER be like it was when Paul was there. Those glory days are over. Just getting an established head coach to take that job will be a plus. I have seen your younger teams. Unless you get Ricky B.'s  contact list from him, it is not going to get better anytime soon.

Davidson could do a whole lot worse than Bubba. You guys act like DA is a powerhouse or something. The small class will never, EVER be like it was when Paul was there. Those glory days are over. Just getting an established head coach to take that job will be a plus. I have seen your younger teams. Unless you get Ricky B.'s  contact list from him, it is not going to get better anytime soon.

Chief,

Think you would be suprised to know who has interviewed.  DA has some talent in the younger grades, and a HC that's entriched in the Goodlettsville and Hendersonville area could really market the school.  They haven't had a coach that's been able to really been entriched in the area that players, parents, and others have bought into since Wade left.  That's not the next 2 guys fault, especially this season where the guy basically had the job 3 weeks before the season.  While a state championship might be a reach, they could compete and get into the playoffs.   PJPII will never be able to compete at the DII-AA level, and Goodpasture football is heading into a disaster area.   I'm not a DA supporter, I just know of 2 candidates that have interviewed that are completely off the radar.  If they landed one of these fish, that program would have instant credibility at least from a coaching perspective.