Greeneville vs Fulton

FormerDevil

Not naming numbers because numbers have names. I'll give you a hint though.....I said starters, not players. If you follow or are involved with GHS at all, you'll have a good idea of the #'s you desire. And truthfully, there could be more. Just 3 off the top of my head. And I know of a few more that are non-starters /underclassmen. Not spreading unfounded rumors; look at your roster and you'll see

You know very little. I like most parents with kids at GHS that live in the county choose at an early age (elementary school) to send our kids to Greeneville City Schools. That is way before any of these kids are even known by the football staff at GHS.  Not being a Greeneville/Greene county native I was told that the city schools were the better schools academically. I made my mind up where I wanted my son to go based on the academics and after visiting all the County schools while my son was playing youth sports (7-8 years old). I noticed the difference in the quality of the facilities. I decided to enroll my son in the 4th grade. Did I know at the time he would be a starter at GHS as a Jr? No. Did the current coach or staff know about him? NO! Their are way more than 3 starters that are and have been tuition students in Greeneville City Schools for years before they were considered football players. What you do not understand is the tuition students have to maintain higher academic eligibility standards in order to stay a tuition student. Because it is not their right but a privilege to attend Greeneville City Schools.

Edited by devils25

You know very little. I like most parents with kids at GHS that live in the county choose at an early age (elementary school) to send our kids to Greeneville City Schools. That is way before any of these kids are even known by the football staff at GHS. Not being a Greeneville/Greene county native I was told that the city schools were the better schools academically. I made my mind up where I wanted my son to go based on the academics and after visiting all the County schools while my son was playing youth sports (7-8 years old). I noticed the difference in the quality of the facilities. I decided to enroll my son in the 4th grade. Did I know at the time he would be a starter at GHS as a Jr? No. Did the current coach or staff know about him? NO! Their are way more than 3 starters that are and have been tuition students in Greeneville City Schools for years before they were considered football players. What you do not understand is the tuition students have to maintain higher academic eligibility standards in order to stay a tuition student. Because it is not their right but a privilege to attend Greeneville City Schools.

Do you honestly believe that I'm solely referring to kids from Greene Co?

No one is shaking down a goal post. They gather around it home or away and start their chant and jump up and down as one player jumps up and raises himself higher while holding onto the center post. Usually the upper part of the pad. What are they saying….? "What time is it… Game time, What time is it… Game time…"

If you would prefer… The whole team could come to the 50 yard line with their position coach and start  yelling at the other team and say how they were going to make the other team bleed just so that they can make their grass grow. Doesn't that sound familiar? How is that message suppose to be taken? To me it is we are going to try to play so hard and physical that we want to hurt you and if you bleed then we are happy. We also want you to know that our coaches feel the same way and will lead the taunts and thuggish threats. 

Everyone has made comments about the coaches smiling during the stomping on the falcon… its a tradition of teaching players not to respect the other team. It didn't happen over night, but somewhere along the timeline you've gotten getting "motivated" confused with "showing no class". News flash… It's become a part of your game day culture as well. The message board rants, the screaming and taunting from the visitors side, and even the cheerleader's sponsor! Who gets the ok from their administration to write "Pluck the Falcons" on their run through banner… ??? Don't hide behind the twisted words and say it's ok because we never used the F word. The intent of the message was heard loud and clear and again… it made the visiting fans laugh and cheer. 

If you don't think this is a big deal… What if the roles were reversed. Imagine Fulton stomping on your devil with coaches smiling. Players screaming how they are going to make you bleed and finger pointing at you with the coaches leading the way, and a run through sign that said "Devils Burn in heck"! You all would be livid and full of anger calling us classless thugs with low act scores. You'd be preaching how our coaches were teaching our athletes the wrong message and how we were the most hated team in East Tennessee. Sound familiar?

Looking in the mirror long and hard can cast an ugly reflection no matter how perfectly pretty you think you are.

Thanks for the lesson on proper etiquette on how to uphold ones self before the game . i really did not see the stomping of your alls painting of the Falcon on the field i turned around and saw them going towards each other , and yes if the coaches allowed this your right that was not right to provoke this . Then I quote what you said: (but somewhere along the timeline you've gotten getting "motivated" confused with "showing no class".) i never said anything about motivation or showing no class this must have been meant for someone else , i was just asking about the goal post incident when they ripped the cover off the goal post after there chant at greeneville in 2010 0r 11 i cant remember which year . then you talk about thuggish threats you all play that whatever music and the players stand around with there arms folded making gestures towards the opposing side and then you say that we are the aggressors , what about the chant you all used last year  i caught that one when i watched you all play carter at there field i think it went something like " YOU WANT SOME COME GET SOME "  and you call blood makes the grass grow a taunt and thuggish threat. and as for the sign do you honestly think for one minute that the school would allow such a sign if they thought that it would be that  disrespectful  i honestly think that it was meant for one purpose the game , not to disrespect Fulton in any way ,the administration at GHS would stand for this kind of behavior i grant you that.

Looking in the mirror long and hard can cast an ugly reflection no matter how perfectly pretty you think you are. i think this goes both ways !

If the Greenville faithful was as supportive of their team as the five or six of you that post on here allday everyday I would have been more impressed but after the pregame hype the big group of devil worshipers jk fans that sit on the fulton side sit on there hands until it was time for them to get back up 81 I honestly thought from the passion on here your fan base would have cheered until the last whistle and now half of you want to fire a coach that has won a silver and 2 goldballs in 4 years you guys might want to learn about loyalty next year Fulton looses a lot of players and if things don't go our way you want see Falcon Fans calling for coaches heads cause we understand everything has to fall in place you guys remind me a lot of Vol fans but I personally didn't mind the taunting Greenville did I think it is part of the game now a lot of old timers and traditionalists will disagree anyway just my two sense also I'm sure Greenville fans probably have plenty of critiques for us also I see the world thru maroon tinted glasses as do you green I like the back and forths trash so see you guys next time -F4L

Well,there are a lot of ways for looking at taunting.If your bad enough to pizz on supermans cape,you had better be bad enough to take his best shot.Even if you think your superman ,you might want to step back a little and think things out.Life is full of lessons like this.One of my old buddies was a roid monster years ago that could lift more weight then any  two guys in the gym.He decided he was going to take a 170 pound mans wife out for a good time.The 170 pound man didn't take kindly to his attempts and they went to fighting.I've had my share of martial arts training,but I've never seen a big man get his azz beat so bad and so fast.The only training that 170 pound man had was that he was a pizzed off country boy .Lesson learned

Edited by BatmanDB

Bout what I expected out of you Barb , attack mode instead of actually realizing how dangerously close things were to getting out of hand because of Greeneville's actions . I was hoping some Greeneville fans would come out pretty strongly about how they don't want their team  doing such Classless things , but not gonna see it I guess . I'm glad I have a Coach for my team that will never allow something like that to happen .... and if it ever did , you would see Maryville fans coming out against it . Attack away there Barb , I'm not some hater or Drama Queen , I've always pulled for Greeneville , but if this is how you all feel about what happened , I won't be anymore . 

JUST LIKE IN 2010 GO TO THE 9 MINUTE MARK OF THIS CLIP!http://youtu.be/RMexRbUSSeE