Fairview @ CPA

coachcraig

So, tell me a little more about the Fairview Defensive line Bear Crawl.

The "midget" tackles concept has been quite friendly to Fairview this year.  I remember in 2007-2008-2009 when we did it in Cheatham County.  You almost hate to have to do it but when the other teams have a major advantage in size and strength on their offensive line you have to do something to not get whipped at the line of scrimmage.  Mac McCurry's Marshall County teams of the late 90's through 2004 did the same thing with their defensive front and won a bunch of games.  CPA's offensive linemen do everything out of two-point stances and it will be a challenge for them to be able to get beneath the Fairview defensive linemen and have their way with them (like they have versus virtually everyone else). 

Whatever strategy CPA employs to block the DL...it's critical to get a hat on #22. He's a beast and very active.

No doubt about it. I think I read where he's got 124 tackles this year and has seldom played 4 quarters in a game. 44, an OLB has over 100 tackles too. They're both ball seeking missles.

Basketball season has started and we have played one game and postponed the other. We have several kids that play football and basketball which got me to wondering how many CPA kids play football and basketball? I'm not trying to start anything and didn't ask the same question of FV because I have seen their kids in Basketball.

After watching hours of film on CPA, I am a whole lot more confident on our ability to hang with them. If we play a solid game, hold onto the ball, and stay disciplined CPA has got a long night ahead of them. This game will be within 10 points.

A whole lot of Ifs there Juno!!!  LOL. 

Fairview is the best team that CPA will have played this year, so it should be a great game. No telling how the mud is going to affect the game.

So, how many hours????

Basketball season has started and we have played one game and postponed the other. We have several kids that play football and basketball which got me to wondering how many CPA kids play football and basketball? I'm not trying to start anything and didn't ask the same question of FV because I have seen their kids in Basketball.

I think there maybe at least 5: Richard, Adams, Johnson, Howell, and Manuel. In fact, those five might be a good team all on their own. Richard and Adams both have football commitments, so I wonder if they are going to stick with basketball. Sometimes the colleges put a little pressure on the players not to play other sports once they have accepted. I have no idea if this is the case or not. Just wondering myself.

Fairview has a great team with great coaches and players. They should feel very confident.

But so does CPA and they should feel confident as well.

Athough statistically CPA doesnt have the total points and yards on offense that Fairview has. Can the stingy CPA Defense (giving up 11.5 pts per game and just 4 pts in first 3 quarters) stop the Fairview offensive juggernaut? (43 PTs per game).

Can CPA OL block those LBs and get the running game going? Fairview has two DBs with 11 ints between them.

Who forces a turnover? Who gets a special team big play?

This will be the closest game for CPA since Brentwood.

But I think CPA wins it in the trenches. 31-21

I think there maybe at least 5: Richard, Adams, Johnson, Howell, and Manuel. In fact, those five might be a good team all on their own. Richard and Adams both have football commitments, so I wonder if they are going to stick with basketball. Sometimes the colleges put a little pressure on the players not to play other sports once they have accepted. I have no idea if this is the case or not. Just wondering myself.

I read an article somewhere that said you had 7 players that also played basketball!