Fairview @ CPA

coachcraig

I'm really disappointed in the tenor of this thread (on both sides) cause I like Fairview and have several friends who live there. I also know several Fairview residents through of my work with the County. I think CPA and Fairview could have a great rivalry especially since the schools are only 18 miles apart.

I also know that during the playoffs emotions run high for all involved. I've been there. Both on the winning side and the losing side. It is tough to lose after having a great season. At this stage every team is having a great season and the kids give everything they have and often leave every thing on the field. For the seniors, this is it. Probably forever except for a lucky few who get to go on. This is probably the most emotional time of the whole season (or whole football career).

I do have to laugh at all the politics and talk about who has money and who doesn't. None of this has anything to do with football. I know people in Fairview who could buy and sell me over about 100 times. I also know families at CPA whose mom works in the cafeteria to pay their kid's tuition and they drive a 25 year old car. The bottom line for me is that we all have thousands of times more than 95% of the rest of the world. Until we all walk in each other shoes, let's just quit with this nonsense.

Fairview has had a great year. They are building a solid program and improving year after year and now have arguably one of the best programs in the state in 3A. I would encourage my CPA friends to show some grace and respect and not take offense so easily. 

Well, that is my soap box. I'll step down now.

Edited by coachrus

I'm really disappointed in the tenor of this thread (on both sides) cause I like Fairview and have several friends who live there. I also know several Fairview residents through of my work with the County. I think CPA and Fairview could have a great rivalry especially since the schools are only 18 miles apart.

I also know that during the playoffs emotions run high for all involved. I've been there. Both on the winning side and the losing side. It is tough to lose after having a great season. At this stage every team is having a great season and the kids give everything they have and often leave every thing on the field. For the seniors, this is it. Probably forever except for a lucky few who get to go on. This is probably the most emotional time of the whole season (or whole football career).

I do have to laugh at all the politics and talk about who has money and who doesn't. None of this has anything to do with football. I know people in Fairview who could buy and sell me over about 100 times. I also know families at CPA whose mom works in the cafeteria to pay their kid's tuition and they drive a 25 year old car. The bottom line for me is that we all have thousands of times more than 95% of the rest of the world. Until we all walk in each other shoes, let's just quit with this nonsense.

Fairview has had a great year. They are building a solid program and improving year after year and now have arguably one of the best programs in the state in 3A. I would encourage my CPA friends to show some grace and respect and not take offense so easily.

Well, that is my soap box. I'll step down now.

well said

You're getting lots of opinions from folks who aren't even Fairview folk. The only problem we had is when the "sportsnerd" started blasting our kids and coach while overlooking the CPA dirty play. We're not having it. That's all. Public/Private, who cares? Financial status, who cares? It's all good.

Edited by Jacketman89

One last John Wooden Quote- Knowing what i know about both coaches I think this is a pretty good picture of who they are to their respective teams.  

"A coach is someone who can give correction without causing resentment." John Wooden

Both sets of kids played for their coaches without resentment last Friday.  Boil it down- Both men are respected by their communities and players.  Both teams are blessed to have two men- that at the end of the day- do what they feel is best for these boys- and obviously love their bunch.  

Move to a

small town like Westmoreland where the public schools are just as good as the private ones in

Nashville. I live here but drive an hour to Nashville everyday to allow the school atmosphere your

trying to acquire. I get involved with the kids at my childrens school to make an impact on the

sinners as well as the saints. We can't just pull out as Christians and say we are separating

ourselves from the very people we were chosen to reach. Why is a Mcgavock soo bad? You can

blame it on government if you want but it's because the Christians turned their backs on the school

and allowed it to get to the point it's at now. Christians will go all over the world on missionary

fields while snubbing the folks in their own back yard because it's not easy dealing with the folks

here at home because they can come to your house on a daily basis and ask for help. Do you

want two separate groups of citizens here in the US like other third world countries. I will tell you

from first hand experience that you don't but it's quickly moving toward that. You have let the cat

out of the bag as far as th taking 25% of the funds from the TSSAA. People don't realize the

insurance problem here in the US was caused by the rich private sector wanting to cut the health

benefits that's always been a given for their workers. The pay problem is the same. they don't want

to provide a living wage because they don't have to. To top it off they no longer want to help

provide a public education because they have Chinese workers todo the average laborers work

now. All this seems to have nothing todo with football but it is very much tied together.

You make a few good points, and some points that are very much debatable.  I grew up in a small town and currently live in a small town.  So, don't tell me about small town living, for I know it.  However, you have many more points of focus that I do not currently have the time to explore, for I will digress as well.  Besides, the wife is winking at me, so I gotta run.

You make a few good points, and some points that are very much debatable. I grew up in a small town and currently live in a small town. So, don't tell me about small town living, for I know it. However, you have many more points of focus that I do not currently have the time to explore, for I will digress as well. Besides, the wife is winking at me, so I gotta run.

Doyle's band starts playing in the backyard at 10PM sharp. Tell Carl don't be late.