White House vs Giles Co. "Battle of the Stone Walls"

CountryBoyBDP

I would like to acknowledge that we got beaten by a better team last night,  A couple of blown plays might have made it closer but that's the way football goes,   I won't bother with woulda coulda because I have always felt that was stupid.  Gee if things had happened different we could have won well no sh!t.  I am enormously proud of a class of Sehiors who played 53 games 5 seasons of football in 4 years.  They are a good bunch of boys who are unselfish and brave.  And we had a deal my son and I.  Football belonged to him.  I promised I would never brag on him or act like he was all that because he's a humble guy who loves his team and he's not the biggest linebacker you willl ever face, but he's one of the smartest and hardest hitting and he just did not stop pounding away and he lost with dignity.

And I don't think he horse collared your player, I think he climbed a mountain of a kid and took dowh a guy who probably wondered who the heck was that.  LOL,

Well that was my son.  And he will be playing on December 13th with your number 15.  So Giles we'll get to jaw again about how the Mighty West wlll do against the East. 

Taylor became the career tackle leader at White House and #2 on the season tackle record list behind a guy from the '97 champion season.  And he'd hand all of that back to play next week.

And you have to admit #39 ran a boss Red Zone Defense that made goal line scoring pretty challenging.  And if that little pass had been catchable I think he'd have scored by mowing down the guy in the secondary,

Giles County had great fans.  And a class coach who showed no interest in rubbing it in our Senior Classes face.  And I appreciate that.  Coaches respect these boys because they took a team that no one predicted as Region Champions and took it as far as they could against insurmountable odds in the post season.

May I say you are free and clear to just pound the snot out of Trev.  Because Giles is the program that should represent the Middle on the way to Cookeville by whooping the West on outta here.

I wish you good luck. 

• Upvote 1

well goblue, I tried to warn you, I showed you the stats, wanted you prepared for what was coming but you just wouldn't listen....but you support your team and I don't blame you.

Congrats to WH on a good season, your team never quit despite the score and you played with heart and character of a champion but sometimes you are just outmatched. Congrats again on the season and good luck next year.

Well 95cats, if wishes were horses we'd all have a ride.  And games are won on the field not on paper.  I'm proud of our boys.  They played until the last whistle. And next year if my son plays he'll be playing on Saturday.  But I expect I might see you on December 13.

You should be very proud of your son go blue along with all the White House players & staff. A class organization and a tough ball club. A loss at this point is always tough but the young men should hold their head high. Great execution and mixing calls. I thought your staff did everything possible to place the young men in situations to win. We just had you out matched in a few positions.

I appreciate your comments about Coach Walt Smith. He is a class act along with his staff. But it's White House's players & staff that should be commended. In the 4th, with the game in hand, Walt did call off the mutts but there were no cheap shots or displays of frustration from the WH players or staff. There were no attempts to air it out or trick plays called by the staff. White House played hard & clean until the buzzer. A class organization. :ugeek:

I would like to acknowledge that we got beaten by a better team last night,  A couple of blown plays might have made it closer but that's the way football goes,   I won't bother with woulda coulda because I have always felt that was stupid.  Gee if things had happened different we could have won well no sh!t.  I am enormously proud of a class of Sehiors who played 53 games 5 seasons of football in 4 years.  They are a good bunch of boys who are unselfish and brave.  And we had a deal my son and I.  Football belonged to him.  I promised I would never brag on him or act like he was all that because he's a humble guy who loves his team and he's not the biggest linebacker you willl ever face, but he's one of the smartest and hardest hitting and he just did not stop pounding away and he lost with dignity.

And I don't think he horse collared your player, I think he climbed a mountain of a kid and took dowh a guy who probably wondered who the heck was that.  LOL,

Well that was my son.  And he will be playing on December 13th with your number 15.  So Giles we'll get to jaw again about how the Mighty West wlll do against the East. 

Taylor became the career tackle leader at White House and #2 on the season tackle record list behind a guy from the '97 champion season.  And he'd hand all of that back to play next week.

And you have to admit #39 ran a boss Red Zone Defense that made goal line scoring pretty challenging.  And if that little pass had been catchable I think he'd have scored by mowing down the guy in the secondary,

Giles County had great fans.  And a class coach who showed no interest in rubbing it in our Senior Classes face.  And I appreciate that.  Coaches respect these boys because they took a team that no one predicted as Region Champions and took it as far as they could against insurmountable odds in the post season.

May I say you are free and clear to just pound the snot out of Trev.  Because Giles is the program that should represent the Middle on the way to Cookeville by whooping the West on outta here.

I wish you good luck. 

Well  said Blue.....congrats to your son and his teammates on a great season.....