White House vs Giles Co. "Battle of the Stone Walls"

CountryBoyBDP

I can see this one getting out of hand, Giles 35, White House 7. And the 7 comes late in the game. Dont snap on me go blue...lol.

I won't snap on you.  When the score goes the other way you'll understand if I come back and laugh at you.... you haven't watched any Blue Devil football this season I take it.

And in 15 years that's the first story about the heater I've ever heard.  And don't be cutting cords in city buildings unless you can pay the fine.  I will promise to find someone to turn it off for you if you'll avoid felony vandalism but I never heard that before.  There will be a man selling Senior Tribute CD's (This Is Our Dirt) close to those locker rooms his name is Keith.  He's with the City if you need help ask him for help.

If you're a Country fan you're going to love that song. Even if you ain't from 'round here.

I won't snap on you.  When the score goes the other way you'll understand if I come back and laugh at you.... you haven't watched any Blue Devil football this season I take it.

Not a problem, you can laugh all you want if that happens. And yes I have watched alot of film on WH this year. I have also watched alot of Bobcat football as well. Its the playoffs, you never know, Im sticking with my prediction.

Let's take a look at some numbers and averages. Since stats trend toward their average over time I will look at som stat averages for these two teams. Comparing the offense and defense of each (since white house has claimed how good their defense is). In the stat averages White played Harpeth who won a game by forfeit, i used the score as played from that game not the forfeit 2-0 score.

Now these stats are only taking into consideration the games each team won (each team is 10-2), in other words it is comparing the teams they beat.

WH in their wins outscored the opponent 26.1-10.1

GC in their wins outscored the opponent 38.5-17.7

You may look and say, GC offense is better but WH defense is better....not so fast my friend.

Wh opponents scored on average 19.5 ponts per game and WH held them to 9.4 points below their season averages. GC opponents scored on average 26.6 points per game and GC held them to 8.9 below their average. Defenses are almost equal when you factor in the opponents they faced.

Also, WH beat 5 teams who averaged more than 20 points a game whereas GC beat 9.

Conclussion, GC faced much better offenses.

Looking at points scored for each team in their victories, GC offense seems more prolific...looking at the stats let's see.

GC opponents gave up on average 26.1 points per game, Giles topped this by 12.4.

WH opponents gave up on average 25.5 points per game, WH topped this by only .6

Looking at the numbers, GC offense IS more prolific, each team faced defenses giving up almost exactly the same number of points but Giles county topped the average by nearly 12 points more than WH.

My prediction: If each teams defense and offense play like they have all season. GC holding opponents to 8.9 below their average and scoring 12.4 more than their opponents give up. And WH holding opponents to 9.4 below their average and scoring .6 more than they give up.

GC would score 29.1 (9 below their avg) + 22.5 (above WH avg) / 2 = 26

WH would score 17.2 (8.9 below their avg) + 18.3 (above GC avg) / 2 = 18

For full disclosure: In the playoffs GC starting defense has given up 0 points, so 18 for WH may be generous.

Edited by 95cats

Let's take a look at some numbers and averages. Since stats trend toward their average over time I will look at som stat averages for these two teams. Comparing the offense and defense of each (since white house has claimed how good their defense is). In the stat averages White played Harpeth who won a game by forfeit, i used the score as played from that game not the forfeit 2-0 score.

Now these stats are only taking into consideration the games each team won (each team is 10-2), in other words it is comparing the teams they beat.

WH in their wins outscored the opponent 26.1-10.1

GC in their wins outscored the opponent 38.5-17.7

You may look and say, GC offense is better but WH defense is better....not so fast my friend.

Wh opponents scored on average 19.5 ponts per game and WH held them to 9.4 points below their season averages. GC opponents scored on average 26.6 points per game and GC held them to 8.9 below their average. Defenses are almost equal when you factor in the opponents they faced.

Also, WH beat 5 teams who averaged more than 20 points a game whereas GC beat 9.

Conclussion, GC faced much better offenses.

Looking at points scored for each team in their victories, GC offense seems more prolific...looking at the stats let's see.

GC opponents gave up on average 26.1 points per game, Giles topped this by 12.4.

WH opponents gave up on average 25.5 points per game, WH topped this by only .6

Looking at the numbers, GC offense IS more prolific, each team faced defenses giving up almost exactly the same number of points but Giles county topped the average by nearly 12 points more than WH.

My prediction: If each teams defense and offense play like they have all season. GC holding opponents to 8.9 below their average and scoring 12.4 more than their opponents give up. And WH holding opponents to 9.4 below their average and scoring .6 more than they give up.

GC would score 29.1 (9 below their avg) + 22.5 (above WH avg) / 2 = 26

WH would score 17.2 (8.9 below their avg) + 18.3 (above GC avg) / 2 = 18

For full disclosure: In the playoffs GC starting defense has given up 0 points, so 18 for WH may be generous.

Heck, after that analysis, I feel like I don't even need to go to the game.  Good job!  But Im guessing a lot of WH fans just got a big ole shot of reality.

Oh yeah that analysis just terrified me.  LOL  Oh no, they can play football whatever will we do Aunty Em?

Aunty Em says we'll do what we did when the Page stat experts predicted a running clock and when the Lexington experts said their bigger players would beat us up.

Oh okay good plan.

Oh yeah that analysis just terrified me.  LOL  Oh no, they can play football whatever will we do Aunty Em?

Aunty Em says we'll do what we did when the Page stat experts predicted a running clock and when the Lexington experts said their bigger players would beat us up.

Oh okay good plan.

Dude...if you think Giles Co is ANYTHING like Page or Lexington, YOU REALLY ARE IN OZ.

You missed the point.    What I am saying is chances are we have a coaching staff that has done the play off thing before.  Like 27 times.  If we know how to do anything in WH we know how to prepare.  And analyze opponents. And get to the big dance.

But hey, Portland needs a new head coach.  Knock yourself out.

And in 15 years that's the first story about the heater I've ever heard.  And don't be cutting cords in city buildings unless you can pay the fine.  I will promise to find someone to turn it off for you if you'll avoid felony vandalism but I never heard that before.  There will be a man selling Senior Tribute CD's (This Is Our Dirt) close to those locker rooms his name is Keith.  He's with the City if you need help ask him for help.

If you're a Country fan you're going to love that song. Even if you ain't from 'round here.

WH staff didn't turn it off when it was brought to their attention.  Didn't affect what happened on the field, but it was dirty imo.  How about just turning it off at 6:00pm so Giles can hear their coaches? 

Great Job on the stats. But I'm with *5, all that goes out the window in playoffs. The team that makes the least mistakes wins. Both groups of boys have playoff experience and know this aint no Cupid Shuffle. This should be a great game. Proud of this Bobcat Team. Good luck to WH.

Edited by JAFO