CAK @ Alcoa (round 2)

BCsportsfan

I missed a couple of days reading the T and the thread exploded with smack between Alcoa & Baxter. wow! Its been a good read though.

As far as the game tonight between Alcoa & CAK goes, it will be difficult for CAK to win.  GVK mentioned that you have to have some elite type of players to beat the Tornadoes, and CAK was fortunate enough to have a few of those the past several years.  This year is a little different.  CAK has some good players, just not enough of the elite level players to beat a team as talented as Alcoa without some help.  The wildcard tonight could be the weather.  I've always believed that bad weather helps the underdog.  Conventional wisdom has always been that bad weather helps the team that runs the ball.  Although CAK is a passing team they have proven they can effectively utilize their offensive scheme in wet weather.  A couple of years ago when CAK beat Alcoa for the first time the field was wet and became somewhat muddy over the course of the game, and  CAK actually passed and ran the ball effectively.  Of course that was with different personnel than we have this year...but I still think the weather forecast could help the Warriors.  Maybe Alcoa slips, stutters and fumbles a few balls away which could allow CAK to keep it closer this time.  CAK has had a good week of practice and they are in a familiar position...deep into the playoffs and facing Alcoa.  The Tornadoes should win this one, but they know they will have to go out and earn it.  Good luck to my Warriors....I will be there cheering you on, eating band burgers and rubbing elbows with the Goons  :D

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• What we have here is an influx of outsiders raining down on the town of Maryville like a swarm of locust trying to change our culture into the same crap they moved away from. I have no issues with anyone coming here but don't bring your politics with you. Most people around here never pay attention to the elections and keep letting the same ole rats and vermin right back in the back door and wonder why things are like they are. The problem at Maryville High is mainly due to letting outsiders get a foothold on control and shove their agenda down everyone's throat. Anyone that leaves there or let's say ranoff are replaced with an outsider with the same mindset. Eventually Maryville High will never be the same as it once was which I'm beginning to believe already but it's only chance of survival are to recruit people that will get in there and reverse the damage that has already happened.
    • Didn’t Dyersburg and Covington beat Westview pretty good last year
    • Barn wood ewe considur this bein' a knew Mairvul Mintality orr a chainge inn cullchure....???  
    • Athletics is just a piece. It can help them academically, socially and add confidence. I was still 17 when I finished my first quarter at UT. I was the last to get my driver's license. It's not always just for athletics. 
    • USJ not even close to being able to hold a meet like that