PORTLAND PANTHER FOOTBALL COACH RESIGNS

64NB95

he went to the playoffs in 5A. not working? maybe EERS and HIGHLIFE should be hired. they seem to know the secret to winning at Portland.

Just look at the BB schedule to see what is going on there. Portland BB has won 1 game. losses to White House, Westmoreland, and East Robertson (all smaller schools)

but maybe they have talent and they need BB coaches too. get a new one.

i heard (could be wrong) that no previous staff member applied for the job. you can read between the lines on that rumor.

They need an Administration that will not bend to the parents and run off coaches every 2-3 years. Stability is needed to win. the next coach needs time. good luck with that at Portland.

I said he's a good coach. I really like him.

Something is NOT working. Not saying its coach Aric.

5-26 over three years isn't working. He resigned. He knows something's not working! I'm guessing he knows what it takes and he's not getting it, but that's just my opinion.

In regards to hiring me... I do think I could win! Maybe if you hire the right HC, I'll apply as an assistant. Lol

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said he's a good coach. I really like him.

Something is NOT working. Not saying its coach Aric.

5-26 over three years isn't working. He resigned. He knows something's not working! I'm guessing he knows what it takes and he's not getting it, but that's just my opinion.

In regards to hiring me... I do think I could win! Maybe if you hire the right HC, I'll apply as an assistant. Lol

i see what you are saying... i misread your post

Look at the previous 2 head coaches 3 year span... you will find 5-25 for 3 years after Perry. 1-19 for 2 years... 5-26 for Aric with a playoff. it is the AVG for modern day Portland Football. a 5 win season should be looked at as a premium. i dont know the 2nd guy, but Beaver and Aric are pretty good coaches with attitudes and personality that players love. I dont know what else a coach can do.

i see what you are saying... i misread your post

Look at the previous 2 head coaches 3 year span... you will find 5-25 for 3 years after Perry. 1-19 for 2 years... 5-26 for Aric with a playoff. it is the AVG for modern day Portland Football. a 5 win season should be looked at as a premium. i dont know the 2nd guy, but Beaver and Aric are pretty good coaches with attitudes and personality that players love. I dont know what else a coach can do.

As I've said, it goes beyond players and coaches. It has to be a culture change and that takes time and enthusiasm.