7-aaa offseason thread

Texmex9

The goal at Riverdale is to compete for championships. The goal at Riverdale is to get better during the spring. There was a time at Riverdale when you didn't see the field until you were a junior or senior. The future is not bright because you got 5 freshman playing time. this means you either didn't develop the upperclassmen or you have ran half of them off or both.

You speak those goals as if they are an epiphany. 

In one post, the complaint is that the young ones are not being prepared well enough. In another its the young ones are playing too much. 

Some of you Riverdale "fans" are schizophrenic. 

Edited by SwamiSays

The young ones should be getting prepared on the freshman and JV teams. If you go watch a freshman practice or game there is about 15 players getting work. The rest are standing around. They are not physically or mentally ready as freshman to compete on varsity. They might improve as the year goes on, but by then your 1 and 4 trying to dig out of a hole. Closer than you think swami.

The young ones should be getting prepared on the freshman and JV teams. If you go watch a freshman practice or game there is about 15 players getting work. The rest are standing around. They are not physically or mentally ready as freshman to compete on varsity. They might improve as the year goes on, but by then your 1 and 4 trying to dig out of a hole. Closer than you think swami.

If there is as much talent there as you claim, those five freshman must be more than ready enough to compete on varsity. Perhaps those five freshman are the exact evidence you need of the amount of talent at Riverdale. You seem to be very scattered and confused. 

Since your kids is done playing there, why don't you enlighten us as to how close to the program you are. I think you are lying about it. Perhaps you read the papers and live in the neighborhood and you think that makes you a Riverdale expert. I believe you are no more than an occasional game or practice attendee, but probably not even that. I am betting you are friends with the parent of a kid of sits the bench or quit, and that parent is feeding you a lot of disgruntled parent bs that you are swallowing whole because the season was a tough one for the program.  

The goal at Riverdale is to compete for championships. The goal at Riverdale is to get better during the spring. There was a time at Riverdale when you didn't see the field until you were a junior or senior. The future is not bright because you got 5 freshman playing time. this means you either didn't develop the upperclassmen or you have ran half of them off or both.

That goal isnt always attainable especially given the strength of this district. Riverdale no longer has a huge advantage in talent, so its time to stop acting like that advantage still exists

7 AAA, we are talking about the eight years Coach A has been there. He has had the talent to win a Gold Ball. Now that he has ran everybody off, you are probably right about the talent left.

Yeah your right, all he's done is gone 73-26 with a few semifinal appearances. Winning a gold ball takes a lot of things to happen, heck its been SIX years since anybody from 7-AAA has won a gold ball. You talk about running kids off, but there isnt one Riverdale transfer that has made a signifcant contribution to another school. 

I get some of the points on the lack of developement (believe me, I was beating that drum too) But the truth of the matter is Aydellot is going to be the head coach until he no longer wants to, in large part due to his relationship with Principal Nolan. So just embrace it, for better or for worse

7 AAA, we are talking about the eight years Coach A has been there. He has had the talent to win a Gold Ball. Now that he has ran everybody off, you are probably right about the talent left.

So you are flip flopping and saying there is not the talent there to win a gold ball? Still waiting to hear about how you are so close to the program...

That's what I'm afraid of.

As most people know, I have Oakland ties. Started following Oakland as a kid starting in the 1991 season, towards the end of the David Alsup era. My first 6 years as a fan, Oakland was a combined 27-43 with no playoff appearances. Riverdale has had it pretty good for the last 20 years, it can get far, far worse than where they are right now.

By calling for Aydellot's head, Riverdale runs the risk of the next coach to being a even worse fit and have Riverdale head down the same road Oakland did from 91-96. Aydellot was and is a good hire who just happens to be a major departure in philosophy from the previous head coach. Does he have his flaws? Sure. But if his worse crime is that he isnt Gary Rankin, well who is?

73-26, with 9 win seasons in 6 of those years (impressive considering the overall strength of the district), with 5 quarterfinal appearances and 2 semifinal appearances. If Riverdale continues to miss the playoffs, I can understand, but Riverdale is in a good position for 2014, should be 3rd in 7-AAA, behind Oakland and Blackman teams that once again will be pretty hard to beat. 

Also must consider Riverdale's schedule. The Warriors faced EIGHT teams that made the playoffs last year, with a 73-47 overall record. Even for the battle tested teams that Oakland and Blackman had, that would be a challenge. Riverdale finished the season strong, That needs to be the focus of Riverdale fans going forward