7-aaa offseason thread

Texmex9

Sounds like Oakland will be loaded again and may have even more talent  than they had last year.

A lot of talk revolving around Blackman and Oakland again being the top two. What about Siegel, Smyrna and Riverdale? Who could be the surprise team ?

I told everybody last year that Oakland is probably going to be even better than they were in 2013. Blackman gets the benefit of the doubt because they knocked out Oakland in the playoffs, but the Blaze are essentially going to have to replace their entire defense. Blackman wont have trouble scoring however, so I wouldnt be suprised if their first couple of games end up being shootouts.

As for the rest of 7-AAA, its anybody's guess what order they could be in. Siegel is replacing multiple great talents (Dakota Crane, Dominique Gooch, Denzel Harding, Nick Peters, Shawn McKnight Harrison Reed), so this maybe a bit of a rebuilding season for Siegel. They have the Knox brothers in the backfield, along with Greedy Howse and Jordan Middleton. Thats a good place to start on offense, but still need a good receiver or two. Defensively, Siegel just was not that good last year, alot of that had to do with depth, some of it had to with previous senior class leaving. For Siegel to make it the playoffs in 2014, they are going to have to make significant strides on defense. I dont think putting points on the board will ever be a major concern under Greg Wyant.

Riverdale had a heckuva end to their season last year, and they return alot of that talent, giving hope that they improve on that finish in 2014. Offensively, the guys to watch out for are QB Marquell Odom and RB's Austin Bryant, Austin McGrone, and Artavious Collier. Riverdale needs to place a priority on finding a go-to receiver to replace Tad Onwu. Defensively Riverdale should be solid as well, relying on guys such as Ben Wells, Austin McGrone, Ethan Aurand and Jalon Baker. Riverdale has a brutal 4 game stretch to start the season (Oakland, Bradley Central, Blackman, and East Hamilton), they need grab at least one win out of those 4 games to have a realistic chance at the playoffs going forward.

Smyrna just graduated alot of talent that they relied heavily upon in 2013. It is my understanding that they are making the change to a spread offense, I have really no idea what to expect from them on that side of the ball until I see them in action in spring. Defensively, they got some players to build around in Dallas Padgett, Austin Brown, D.J. Williams, and Dagan Fultz, but they need to place a premium on getting better up front, an area that they were lacking in 2013.

LaVergne has some pretty good players on offense (Maleik Gray, Quin Jernighan, Nick Jones) but have got big questions at QB. Without that question being answered, I do not have any faith in LaVergne going much of anywhere.

Stewarts Creek should continue to show improvement, and I think they win a game or 2 in the district if the bounces go their way. A 3-4 win season would put them on the path to being a playoff-caliber program in 2015.

I told everybody last year that Oakland is probably going to be even better than they were in 2013. Blackman gets the benefit of the doubt because they knocked out Oakland in the playoffs, but the Blaze are essentially going to have to replace their entire defense. Blackman wont have trouble scoring however, so I wouldnt be suprised if their first couple of games end up being shootouts.

As for the rest of 7-AAA, its anybody's guess what order they could be in. Siegel is replacing multiple great talents (Dakota Crane, Dominique Gooch, Denzel Harding, Nick Peters, Shawn McKnight Harrison Reed), so this maybe a bit of a rebuilding season for Siegel. They have the Knox brothers in the backfield, along with Greedy Howse and Jordan Middleton. Thats a good place to start on offense, but still need a good receiver or two. Defensively, Siegel just was not that good last year, alot of that had to do with depth, some of it had to with previous senior class leaving. For Siegel to make it the playoffs in 2014, they are going to have to make significant strides on defense. I dont think putting points on the board will ever be a major concern under Greg Wyant.

Riverdale had a heckuva end to their season last year, and they return alot of that talent, giving hope that they improve on that finish in 2014. Offensively, the guys to watch out for are QB Marquell Odom and RB's Austin Bryant, Austin McGrone, and Artavious Collier. Riverdale needs to place a priority on finding a go-to receiver to replace Tad Onwu. Defensively Riverdale should be solid as well, relying on guys such as Ben Wells, Austin McGrone, Ethan Aurand and Jalon Baker. Riverdale has a brutal 4 game stretch to start the season (Oakland, Bradley Central, Blackman, and East Hamilton), they need grab at least one win out of those 4 games to have a realistic chance at the playoffs going forward.

Smyrna just graduated alot of talent that they relied heavily upon in 2013. It is my understanding that they are making the change to a spread offense, I have really no idea what to expect from them on that side of the ball until I see them in action in spring. Defensively, they got some players to build around in Dallas Padgett, Austin Brown, D.J. Williams, and Dagan Fultz, but they need to place a premium on getting better up front, an area that they were lacking in 2013.

LaVergne has some pretty good players on offense (Maleik Gray, Quin Jernighan, Nick Jones) but have got big questions at QB. Without that question being answered, I do not have any faith in LaVergne going much of anywhere.

Stewarts Creek should continue to show improvement, and I think they win a game or 2 in the district if the bounces go their way. A 3-4 win season would put them on the path to being a playoff-caliber program in 2015.

Great preview of 7AAA. Having Kyle Smith return to Smyrna will help the Bulldogs and their offense.

It will be interesting to see if Oakland can put it all together this year.

I am looking forward to Mt Juliet's trip to Blackman.

Great preview of 7AAA. Having Kyle Smith return to Smyrna will help the Bulldogs and their offense.

It will be interesting to see if Oakland can put it all together this year.

I am looking forward to Mt Juliet's trip to Blackman.

I completely forgot about him transferring back to Smyrna. Will be a welcome addition to Smyrna

We have to stay on the cutting edge Cousin S-N-B! Get 'em while they are young and before LOD hears about 'em.

I am not, nor ever was the recruiter for anybody.  I just breed them.  First the 'clone', and now 'Hondo' coming up.  Fifteen months old, 35 and 3/4 inches tall and 33 pounds.  BTW he is STRONGER than the 'clone' was at that age and taller to.

By the time he hits High School he will either be at Fort Campbell, Fort Sill, or Fort Hood in TEXAS!