7-aaa offseason thread

Texmex9

Talent has never and will never be the challenge for Oakland Football, it's in the headset. :popcorneater:

You mean the same headset that has won 56 games in 6 seasons? Keep in mind that although McDaniel has been at Oakland for 6 years,  he is still one of the younger coaches in the area. Coaching against guys such as Shadowens, Wyant, Aydellot, and Martin that have been coaching for 25+ years. He won a state championship with a program that had won 11 games the previous 4 seasons.

Coaches are not perfect, they have years and games they dont perform up to the level that fans are used to. Blackman is a key example. Had Blackman just stuck to running the ball like they had all year, they probably beat Maryville instead of trying to make Jennings a hero. That doesnt make Shadowens a bad coach, just means that he is prone to bad days, just like the rest of us. 

Blackman and Oakland will both be VERY good this year. I can't wait to see those games. I give Oakland the early edge but I wouldn't be surprised to see Blackman represent 7-AAA in the Semi's again.

Blackman has some major questions they need to answer on defense first (losing entire d-line and linebacking corps). The Blaze will be able to score against anybody, but a good defense like the one Oakland will have next year will be able to slow down Blackman enough to win if the Blaze dont make big strides on defense. Losing Coach Williams (Defensive Coordinator) is going to hurt Blackman, will be very interesting to who his replacement is. 

You mean the same headset that has won 56 games in 6 seasons? Keep in mind that although McDaniel has been at Oakland for 6 years,  he is still one of the younger coaches in the area. Coaching against guys such as Shadowens, Wyant, Aydellot, and Martin that have been coaching for 25+ years. He won a state championship with a program that had won 11 games the previous 4 seasons.

Coaches are not perfect, they have years and games they dont perform up to the level that fans are used to. Blackman is a key example. Had Blackman just stuck to running the ball like they had all year, they probably beat Maryville instead of trying to make Jennings a hero. That doesnt make Shadowens a bad coach, just means that he is prone to bad days, just like the rest of us. 

Blackman has some major questions they need to answer on defense first (losing entire d-line and linebacking corps). The Blaze will be able to score against anybody, but a good defense like the one Oakland will have next year will be able to slow down Blackman enough to win if the Blaze dont make big strides on defense. Losing Coach Williams (Defensive Coordinator) is going to hurt Blackman, will be very interesting to who his replacement is. 

Yep, that guy! Oh I don't think Shad is perfect, not at all. Though I will say I've never heard him curse out his own team and I am very thankful he came to Blackman. I enjoyed every one of the five years I had with him as mykidsdads kids coach. He's a great high school coach, but even a better man. :popcorneater:

Yep, that guy! Oh I don't think Shad is perfect, not at all. Though I will say I've never heard him curse out his own team and I am very thankful he came to Blackman. I enjoyed every one of the five years I had with him as mykidsdads kids coach. He's a great high school coach, but even a better man. :popcorneater:

Again, Mac, or any coach, isnt perfect. Did he say some things in the early part of his tenure that he regets? Probably. What I do know is he does alot of things that doesnt get mentioned (not just him, but alot of coaches). I think having kids has changed in his perspective on some things. 

I think this district is incredibly blessed to have the quality of coaches that they do. You still going to Blackman games this fall, mkd?

Again, Mac, or any coach, isnt perfect. Did he say some things in the early part of his tenure that he regets? Probably. What I do know is he does alot of things that doesnt get mentioned (not just him, but alot of coaches). I think having kids has changed in his perspective on some things. 

I think this district is incredibly blessed to have the quality of coaches that they do. You still going to Blackman games this fall, mkd?

I agree, and at this point I would say occasionally at least until the kids I know are gone. I will say I will miss the afternoons on the hill, going to the first day of two-a-days, opening night, road trips, working the chains, going to McDonalds after the game and most of all the kids I did not raise calling me dad and yelling for cha cha and poot aka mykidsdad kids!  :popcorneater:

MidTenn, Do you think there will be any issues with Smith transferring back to Smyrna from Mt Juliet ; where he just transferred to MJ the previous year from Smyrna?

I read where the Sevier County coach says Banks ; who has transferred back to Gallatin after transferring the year before to Sevier from Ezell Harding; will have to sit out a year unless he gets a hardship case.