Trousdale visits GCA

Raven52

Yes, that's Bob Bell's TD call. Our first broadcast at FRA, he pulled that one out and he's used it since that game.

Oneida scored 14 on the defense, both of them on long passes and busted coverages. Their other score was on a kickoff return. Never could run the ball.

We scored 27 (missed PAT). 1 KOR, 1 pass of 21, 1 pass of 15ish, and a 2 yard run (set up by a long pass of +/- 50). To call the coverage "busted" is a stretch, the 1st the DB was there he just miss played the ball. The 2nd was just a slant, that hole was there in the zone all night, hit it 4 or 5 times in the 2nd half. You're correct about the running game being ineffective though, just over 100 on the ground (around 115 I think) and 135ish in the air.

My point being is Oneida was not picked as a contender for the gold this year, just to young and overall a very small line. That's bad news when you hang your hat on the run. TC is neither, they have upperclassmen and very good size. I expect they will be much more effective on the ground than we were. I'm not saying they'll run rough shod over grace but I do expect them to be effective.

On the "milk and honey" thing, I was wondering which of the 2 you were, since you mentioned Mr. Bell I assume you are the other one (apologies your name escapes me at the moment), I've listened to a couple of your broadcasts online. One of which was the Oneida game. Y'all do a pretty good job overall, a little biased for my liking but then again I can only imagine our radio guys would sound the same way if I wasn't an Oneida guy ;) . Nothing wrong with the radio folks from a particular school shading a little to "their side". Anyway pretty good listen, glad to know which of the two I'm talking to and occasionally "discussing" with.

Edited by crow

We scored 27 (missed PAT). 1 KOR, 1 pass of 21, 1 pass of 15ish, and a 2 yard run (set up by a long pass of +/- 50). You're correct about the running game being ineffective though, just over 100 on the ground (around 115 I think) and 135ish in the air. My point being is Oneida was never a legit contender for the gold this year, just to young and overall a very small line. That's bad news when you hang your hat on the run. TC is neither, they have upperclassmen and very good size. I expect they will be much more effective on the ground than we were. I'm not saying they'll run rough shod over grace but I do expect them to be effective.

On the "milk and honey" thing, I was wondering which of the 2 you were, since you mentioned Mr. Bell I assume you are the other one (apologies your name escapes me at the moment), I've listened to a couple of your broadcasts online. One of which was the Oneida game. Y'all do a pretty good job overall, a little biased for my liking but then again I can only imagine our radio guys would sound the same way if I wasn't an Oneida guy. Nothing wrong with the radio folks from a particular school shading a little to "their side". Anyway pretty good listen, glad to know which of the two I'm talking to and occasionally "discussing" with.

C'mon crow you know you love a homer as much as I do! That's why I listen to tennessee games instead of unbiased tv announcers that's boring! These two are a golden team on the mic!

C'mon crow you know you love a homer as much as I do! That's why I listen to tennessee games instead of unbiased tv announcers that's boring! These two are a golden team on the mic!

Agreed, that's what I was trying to get across in my last paragraph. If I was a GCA supporter I'd love it, just like I love listening to our guys and y'all probably not so much. Homer's are homer's (I'm as big a homer as they get), nothing wrong at all, the guys calling the game are supporters of their respective schools. You gotta look through slightly tinted glasses in their situation, they want a win just as much as anyone else at the game. No disrespect intended toward the radio crew.

GCA d line and o line would get destroyed by gallatins. TC had too much speed. Unless your 300lb is quicker then a hiccup the. He will get slapped around and ran by/around all game. Gallatins d line averaged 250 and had 6'4 230 DE with good speed that got blown by all game.

Didn't realize Galatian was still playing....our d ends are VERY athletic better rethink

Two things catch my eye in this post. 72 correctly uses the word "dry", which most people leave out and "Phillestines". The Phillestines were the most hated, most feared, ruthless and the most powerful army in this time. They were able to make the most superior and stronger weapons due to being able to forge higher grade steel and make superior steel weapons, Goliath was a Phillestine. Pottery found today made by the Phillestines is priceless. Now, 72 is saying the Phillestines are going down just as David slayed Goliath. Go Jackets.   

We'll be callin for tha collection plate shortly scooter...tushhog is generous...all proceeds go to bandages for them poor goats from all tha stingers thay gonna be pullin out..... :rolleyes:

Didn't realize Galatian was still playing....our d ends are VERY athletic better rethink

They lost in the quarterfinals. They beat Hendersonville whose in the semis in 6a. Gallatins DE is a junior and one of the biggest more athletic kids in the state. Prolly has several offers by now. But idk maybe y'all's DE can stick thier elbow in a basketball rim too.