Upperman @ Alcoa

F5seekshelter

Those gold balls are the only recruiting tool we have it speaks for its self. We don't recruit ball players. The ones that want to win find the schools we just house them.... They learn for Coach Sabin when he walks into a living room and sits down and throws all his championship rings on the table and says this is what you can get here. All I can tell you is olé Sunshine better strap it up and get ready for that nasty D-Line they are ruthless and Very Very physical........... You guys sound like you need some French cries and wha bugers........ It's dirt Boy dont try to spruce it up........ Choo....Choo........ Goon squad great performance tonight way to step it up little eannis

First off Coach Saban walking into any high school player living room and showing off hardware is completely legal and a great recruiting tool. This though is not Coach Saban and Alcoa is not a top University that goes out to recruit. High school sports is about teaching and training young people to compete and be as competitive as they can. It is about taking those kids at 6 years putting them together on a field or court and teaching them to be competitive and how to work together to get the best result. Upperman won that game tonight because most of seniors have played together since they were very small. Over the years they have learned how to win even nights when they have an off night. Last week the d was off, this week the O was off. They had each other backs and they came winners both weeks. That is what high school sports is about. Not going and selling your school and team off.

By the way, I am not a Upperman fan or supporter. I have not been to a game all year. But I do know these guys and what they have been through and want to see them do well.

Keep that same attitude and all that and hopefully the players will bring that and the big bad wolf or is it Tornadoes yeah that's it will just put out all that smoke you keep blowing out of your Pie hole..... I hear the train a commin building up steam and smoke....... Choo.Choo...........Choo....Choo......

How old are you guys...Really? Am I talking to high school kids? If I am I am finished. Its ok for them to act and say crazy things but I won't go back and fourth with foolishness.

Didn't make the team, huh?

Like I said a 3 year starter. Both sides, receiver, safety, linebacker and some tailback in the three years. However, back then we had pride in our school and it really meant to be a Alcoa Tornado. NOw I am just not so sure.

Alcoa starters out with 8 minutes left to go in 2nd quarter. Mark this down you will go down and so will the lowerman boys you talk a big game. Come game day come over to the goon squad zone and find me and we will talk about it all and I will. Even back up all my smack talk. (BROTHER) OH Yeah

I never said Upperman would win or even said it would be a close game. Also I will not be at the game hopefully will listen to it but will not attend. I really thought the ND fans were bad.

Alcoa starters out with 8 minutes left to go in 2nd quarter. Mark this down you will go down and so will the lowerman boys you talk a big game. Come game day come over to the goon squad zone and find me and we will talk about it all and I will. Even back up all my smack talk. (BROTHER) OH Yeah

just don't let little eanis at him!!

First off Coach Saban walking into any high school player living room and showing off hardware is completely legal and a great recruiting tool. This though is not Coach Saban and Alcoa is not a top University that goes out to recruit. High school sports is about teaching and training young people to compete and be as competitive as they can. It is about taking those kids at 6 years putting them together on a field or court and teaching them to be competitive and how to work together to get the best result. Upperman won that game tonight because most of seniors have played together since they were very small. Over the years they have learned how to win even nights when they have an off night. Last week the d was off, this week the O was off. They had each other backs and they came winners both weeks. That is what high school sports is about. Not going and selling your school and team off.

By the way, I am not a Upperman fan or supporter. I have not been to a game all year. But I do know these guys and what they have been through and want to see them do well.

My son is a senior at Alcoa and has played with the 12 of the 14 Seniors his whole life and 6 of them are spending the night tonight at our house which is in the same subdivision that they all live in. You act like we have a whole team of people that drive miles and miles to come here its nothing more than lack of knowledge and just straight up garbage.

No actually a three starter on both sides of ball. Left Blount County when I was 20 years and haven't lived there since. So no my kids don't play there either which is a good thing since I only have girls. I am not a Alcoa

trader but facts are facts. They recruit and for TSSAA to allow it to go for so long is a disgrace. What is even worse you fans admit and even brag about it. That is what has turned me away not the school or the pride that I took from the school as student and player. Its the fans that brag how good we are and how many championshipwe have and then turn around and admit we recruit.

How long are you going to pretend and tell lies? Plus please learn the definition of the word recruit before you tell lies and spew venom!

Edited by alcoafan72

Whatever happens I can say I'm proud of the U for what they've accomplished this year. With the seniors going from 1-9 and one of the worst teams in the state to going 13-0 and making it to the semifinals and setting records. They may not be the best in 3a but I guarantee they'll give an elite team the best game they've got, hopefully worth of a semifinal game.

My son is a senior at Alcoa and has played with the 12 of the 14 Seniors his whole life and 6 of them are spending the night tonight at our house which is in the same subdivision that they all live in. You act like we have a whole team of people that drive miles and miles to come here its nothing more than lack of knowledge and just straight up garbage.

Afraid not. Look back on this forum at how many fans from Alcoa have talked about recruiting in Blount County. Its good that your son has this but I know for a fact that most senior classes the last 15 years have not been this way.