Semi-Final UNION CITY VS. NCS

JDOGG80

Looking over the numbers for these two teams. Hopefully this shows up correctly in the comment box on CoachT.  Looks like this may be a good ole slug fest.  UC has out scored their opponents 460 to 192 while the NC had 470 to 146. 

Break down of the Nashville Christian season

at Harpeth - NCS Forfeited     L 55-24 at #13 Ezell-Harding     W 28-11 Houston County D     W 48-8 #14 Davidson Academy     W 51-7 at Jo Byrns D     W 28-12 Cheatham County     W 31-0 at East Robertson D     W 35-7 McEwen D     W 38-6 #23 East Nashville     W 34-30 at Clarksville Academy D     W 38-14 BYE       Jo Byrns     W 35-6 #14 Columbia Academy     W 49-21 #4 Union City      

Break down of the Union CIty season

Opponent   Result #25 McKenzie   L 14-35 at Lake County D   W 50-16 at #8 Huntingdon   W 31-13 South Fulton D   W 48-13 at #17 Dresden   W 42-32 Gibson County D   W 48-0 at Greenfield D   W 56-14 #18 Humboldt D   W 32-26 at #12 Peabody D   W 28-7 Halls (West TN) D   W 40-2 BYE     Hollow Rock-Bruceton   W 61-28 #18 Humboldt   W 10-6 at #7 Nashville Christian    

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20131115/SPORTS07/311150026/

http://nashvillecitypaper.com/content/sports/newest-tailback-set-help-nashville-christian-extend-run-postseason-appearances

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qRfzDfmu0U

Fellow UC fans who are making the trip to Nashville.  I wanted to forward a few links for you to get acquainted with  #34 who you will see a bunch of next Friday night.    Just a sophomore but don't let that fool ya!

big fast and very physical and that's just the line in the back field you have a quadruple threat with the veer offense one of the if not the toughest offense to defend if you have the athletes which UC has a lot of cause do have to focus on the QB too. But if were to say all around this team might be a little bit better than the '09 state championship team. By the way next year will be even better cause we only have 3 seniors.

If they're better than the 09 team then my money's all on UC!

Since the first shots have already been fired, let's just get this out of the way right now so maybe we can concentrate on playin' some football next Friday night...... everyone from public schools thinks private schools recruit, cheat, pay players, pay parents of players, pay officials, etc.  And, oh yeah, we should play in our own division.  We get it.

BTW - we have 253 boys that become eligible for Monday's practice.  They transferred in from Brentwood Academy, Ensworth, MBA, Baylor, McCallie, Cincinnati Xavier, Cincinnati Moeller, MUS, etc.  Their average size is 6'6" and 280 lbs.  And they all run the 40 in 4.3

Now we don't have to cover that any more ....... ;)

Edited by NCSdad1962

Our defense tonight was simply like a brick wall. Humboldt had 4 ball carriers who could go the distance on any play. Our boys held them in check. After that 1st goal line stand I knew we had come to play. This team faced plenty of adversity in this game and never, not for one second, laid down. That's what impressed me the most. We have been battle tested. I'm so proud of these young men.

Since the first shots have already been fired, let's just get this out of the way right now so maybe we can concentrate on playin' some football next Friday night...... everyone from public schools thinks private schools recruit, cheat, pay players, pay parents of players, pay officials, etc.  We get it.

BTW - we have 253 boys that become eligible for Monday's practice.  They transferred in from Brentwood Academy, Ensworth, MBA, Baylor, McCallie, Cincinnati Xavier, Cincinnati Moeller, MUS, etc.  Their average size is 6'6" and 280 lbs.  And they all run the 40 in 4.3

Now we don't have to cover that any more ....... ;)

NCSDad you won;t hear any of that from this UC poster. It does not matter to me if you are private or public. NCS is simply the next team we have to play to get to Cookeville. You guys have a great team and we wil have to play our best game of the season to win. In the past two weeks we have played one awesome offensive game and one awesome defensive game. I'm hoping next week that we put both of those components together and come away with the win. I don't think the other UC posters will say much either. Having said that I can't speak for other posters from other teams.

Yea it would seem that way but we have to remember other teams get better too. But I feel strong that we can go on the road and take care of business

Ncs will be tough and I haven't give them near enough credit this year, mostly because of one of their posters, but they are good. I just don't think they have seen a running game like UC will bring. When you have the athletes to run the veer correctly it gets more and more frustrating to the other team as it plays out. Usually about midway through the third quarter the teams that haven't played against it are ready to give up!

I've read enough of your posts to know you won't be slinging mud. And to know that you know what you're talking about. I was trying to be a little funny but make a point at the same time. We'll see trolls all over this thread making fools of themselves as they put down NCS just because we are a private school.

Wish I could have seen your game tonight live. Sounds like it was a great one.

NCSDad you won;t hear any of that from this UC poster. It does not matter to me if you are private or public. NCS is simply the next team we have to play to get to Cookeville. You guys have a great team and we wil have to play our best game of the season to win. In the past two weeks we have played one awesome offensive game and one awesome defensive game. I'm hoping next week that we put both of those components together and come away with the win. I don't think the other UC posters will say much either. Having said that I can't speak for other posters from other teams.

Edited by NCSdad1962

Yes sir it was. It was, as it has already been called a "defensive classic". We had some turnovrrs deep in our territory but our guys gotbthe stops they needed to win the game. I'm not sure about time of possesion but I believe Humboldt had the ball far longer than we did. When we didn't fumble we moved the ball well. When we did fumble or throw a pic our defense showed up and played strong. Yep it was a battle for both teams since H-boldt had thier own share of turnovers as well. I'm looking forward to coming to NCS Friday night for a great game with the Eagles. GO TORNADOES.