Semi-Final UNION CITY VS. NCS

JDOGG80

I'd like to know how this years UC team compares to years past. For that matter, compared to the quad 4 winner from the last several years. From the outside looking in they don't seem to be quite as good. Am I wrong?

Not going to say you're wrong but I think they stack up well to previous quad 4 winners they just arent as flashy they will line it up and run it down your throat. #42 is a monster. they will also play smothering D. maybe Humboldt did them a favor by garnering all the press

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20131115/SPORTS07/311150026/

http://nashvillecitypaper.com/content/sports/newest-tailback-set-help-nashville-christian-extend-run-postseason-appearances

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qRfzDfmu0U

Fellow UC fans who are making the trip to Nashville.  I wanted to forward a few links for you to get acquainted with  #34 who you will see a bunch of next Friday night.    Just a sophomore but don't let that fool ya!

He's got to have a hole to run through to get yards.

youthsportPIX....looks like this guy can run but when was this game played ( obvious is warm weather ) and who are you playing.  They...the team you are playing looks very slow.  Your man will meet a very fast, very big and very very strong line.  The only advantage your team will have is if you pass a lot and if your line has not faced a line like Union City, your Q B will be running around like a lost puppy in the backfield.  Does your field have turf or natural grass ?

youthsportPIX....looks like this guy can run but when was this game played ( obvious is warm weather ) and who are you playing. They...the team you are playing looks very slow. Your man will meet a very fast, very big and very very strong line. The only advantage your team will have is if you pass a lot and if your line has not faced a line like Union City, your Q B will be running around like a lost puppy in the backfield. Does your field have turf or natural grass ?

I seen the same watching the video

After watching NCS play....I can honestly say they have a great offense. The coach mixed it up good and the players executed near perfect. Although, I wasn't as impressed with the running game as I thought I would be. I will say that y'all might want to change from that 3-3 stack Defense this week. The whole time I watched I thought to myself, if they play UC. Then UC will get 4-5 yards a carry against this defense. Y'all will go up against a much better coach this week, and looks like he has a pretty good team. I think this will be another great game.... can't wait to watch. Congrats to both for making it...

Edited by wildcatalumni

He's got to have a hole to run through to get yards.

Not always and I'm not being a smart aleck.  If you get a chance to watch some more film, check him out.  He's had several runs this year that consisted of 50-60 yards and numerous broken tackles along the way.  We're not talking about your typical 1A sophomore running back here.

Recruiting outlook: Has received contact from Clemson, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, and Miami among others.

After watching NCS play....I can honestly say they have a great offense. The coach mixed it up good and the players executed near perfect. Although, I wasn't as impressed with the running game as I thought I would be. I will say that y'all might want to change from that 3-3 stack Defense this week. The whole time I watched I thought to myself, if they play UC. Then UC will get 4-5 yards a carry against this defense. Y'all will go up against a much better coach this week, and looks like he has a pretty good team. I think this will be another great game.... can't wait to watch. Congrats to both for making it...

Yep we tried the 3 down lineman against UC in 2009 and got whipped at the line of scrimmage.

youthsportPIX....looks like this guy can run but when was this game played ( obvious is warm weather ) and who are you playing.  They...the team you are playing looks very slow.  Your man will meet a very fast, very big and very very strong line.  The only advantage your team will have is if you pass a lot and if your line has not faced a line like Union City, your Q B will be running around like a lost puppy in the backfield.  Does your field have turf or natural grass ?

I seen the same watching the video

You guys are right - he's not a burner (you won't need to have some college kid come practice with you to simulate his speed).  But he's averaging 9 yards a carry.  It doesn't take too many of those to pile up first downs.

We had a very important piece (OLB) of our defense missing last night.  So the scheme and execution from last night is not what we will all see next Friday.  We will be healthy again by Friday - I think.

If you guys will read his post closer you will see youthsportpix starts off with "Fellow UC fans" indicating that he is pulling for us. Unless I am mistaken "fellow" equals fellowship. Pix let me know if I am wrong here.

Sorry to confuse BigSwo I am pulling for NC.  Had 3 kids there at one time.  The Eagles over the last 2 years have run into the buzz saws of Gordonsville and then Huntingtdon who ran the ball very effectively.  They have learned a lot from those games last couple of years in the playoffs.  ALl of their out of district games were against much larger 3A schools and Coach Brothers is arguably one of the best coaches in the State.   I have been following NC since the 80's and this team is probably better than the '86. 97, and '12's semi final team.  Crazy thing is they may be better next year!

Edited by youthsportsPIX