Where Should The State Championship Games Be Played

RegisP90X

Cookeville is a great place to play no doubt, has a great and right size stadium but the location hurts folks west of the Nashville area as they have to travel the longest distance. Trust me...to play in the finals...many teams will travel to where ever they have to...no complaining. But in all fairness, the games should be played at one of two locations ( L P Field and/or Vanderbilt Stadium ). It would be at L P field I would say if they had turf but that field could not hold up to all 6 games...a NFL game and then TSU being on the field. L P needs turf anyway. Being in Nashville area is fair for travel basically statewide. It all boils down to who offers the best deal money wise and staff to host these 6 games. I would rather it be in Nashville but if Union City makes the finals....no matter if it is Bristol, we will travel and support our kids. Good topic here.....

actually I don't think TSU uses LP field anymore I think they went back to their stadium.

I believe this discussion will be settled once and for all if and when the Titans and Nashville tax payers build a retractable roof stadium to replace LP in a few years. Whoever Nashville has as mayor next will want and push this to be able to get a Super Bowl. It would be a very visible "achievement" to get the Super Bowl and help their chances to be governor...just like Bredeson. High School football would benefit as a byproduct.

why would they build a new one its only in its 15th season and is a great stadium besides football is ment for outdoors in any weather condition the fact that some of these NFL teams play inside is ridiculous. And to be honest as much as I would like to see a super bowl here I don't think it will happen. Cause basically it comes down to resources in Nashville. Edited by JDOGG80

why would they build a new one its only in its 15th season and is a great stadium besides football is ment for outdoors in any weather condition the fact that some of these NFL teams play inside is ridiculous. And to be honest as much as I would like to see a super bowl here I don't think it will happen. Cause basically it comes down to resources in Nashville.

Lp field was outdated(by NFL standards) the day it opened.  If  Nashville wants to keep the Titans, they will have to pony up for a new stadium when the current lease is up.

Slim and Trousdale that got it there and keeps it there. Bunch of Hosers

Haha!! How do you figure that? We are about the same distance from Nash, the 'Boro, and Cookeville. As long as we are in it, I could care less where it's played. I've watched my team at all three venues. I believe I can make an argument for Cookeville...starting with the stadium size. It's perfect. The playing surface argument is a wash. It has to be artificial!! Field turf is field turf...and nobody on these boards could really tell the difference in Tech's, Middle's, or Vandy's!! I played at Vandy. We dressed in some locker room in McGuggin...nothing special at all. And as facilities go, all of the four teams left have "dressed" in way worse conditions this year...compared to where they will be Friday and Saturday. If you are referring to fan accommodations...well I haven't found a bathroom at any of the three I couldn't take a leak. Parking is better than the other two, and finally...If you are going there to "EAT", then there are ways around that too. You don't have to stay on Willow and Jackson.

Arguments can be made for the others as well...

Edited by SEVEN