South Pittsburg vs Union City (Moore man vs. Bowling man)

rlh

No problem...The thing is,we have been as big as 3A...We played at White House and Portland, back-to-back, in the playoffs back then...Most of the time we were 2A...We were one of the smallest 3A schools at the time and we were one of, if not the smallest, 2A team when we played the likes of Chatt Tyner and Alcoa in state championship games in the late 90's to early 2000's...So, we built those facilities playing much bigger schools and when we were bigger...My senior year in 83-84 we had close to 700 students in grades 9-12...We brought those facilities with us..Lol..bigster said something about the tractor trailer and band and whatnot....Well,we had the tractor trailer when I was in high school so that's nothing new...Matter of fact we had a MUCH larger band when I was in school than we do now....Like someone else said, we have three schools in our county, one of which is a 4A school..I guess what gets under some of the area fans skin about UC is how in the world can we have a Wal-Mart, Lowes, Applebees and now the brand new Discovery Museum and be a 1A team...If I was a fan of Gleason, Greenfield, Lake County and the like I'd be upset to trying to compete with us...We had the same problem playing schools like Westview, Milan, Humboldt back when they were bigger schools..Heck, even little ole Halls has a bigger enrollment than UC does...(Or did within the last three or four years)....Anyway, Coach Larry Shanks is credited with drumming up the local support to fund renovations to War Memorial Stadium...Coach Randy Barnes is credited with getting the multi-purpose building built...We have gone from our coaches having to get out and mow the field, mark it and all to having an entity (UC Turf Management) that does nothing but take care of all the high school fields, football, baseball,softball and all...

very informative friend thank you. I said earlier my wife is from Lexington and my sister in law is from scotts hill. I vaguely heard of these places but have not really followed any football teams or traditions. You and a few others have been very nice to chat with, except bigswe? he was very rude, (treat people the way you want to be treated)anyway I want to follow 1A football state wide next year so I'll be using coacht as a resource. I'll remember your post names and chime in next FB season to chat, no BS or cheap trash talk just respectful conversation. If you are UT fan? my cousin for coalfield #55 Zach Stewart is a UT commit 2015. Congrats to UC for this years gold ball, I expect next year UC will be the front runner for another

I didn't degrade anybody I said I would take UC backs over SP. Even tho SP had Mr Football.

That is your opinion and they are good backs but I would not trade ours for UCs either. We had one lineman that was even close to the size of your line and our boys still rushed for a lot of yards this year. A talented big line will make any back look good when they open up them big holes.

Edited by UncleDave

Congrats UC on a well Coached Team!!! Cpl of things ive gotta say and dont delete.. our weakest link all year was our O coordinator.. lankford has been hurt and we knew he was only 75% and Mitchell is a Beast and Ran well. So why keep giving it to your hurt back? Stone made a comment earlier in the yesr " we are gonna run our Senior Backs behind our Senior line until someone stops us"! Ok then what?? terrible!! Coach Moore is a good Man and a great Coach but uou cant Coach with your arms crossed not saying anything. He has got to be aggressive. Im proud of the Pirates they never gave up. This one is on STONE! congrats UC you deserved it

Last year SP weakest link was the D coordinator STONE...This year the weakest link is the O coordinator STONE......So want you are telling us is that STONE is SP weakest link ???? ^_^

voters logic: rushing for 1400 yards in east or middle tn is harder than rushing for 2000+ in west tn?

I think everybody seen this year how easy the east teams breezed thur the playoffs to make it to championship. And how the west teams fought it out in the playoffs. The west was 2 & 0 yesterday. The same 4 or 5 teams from the east make it to Cookeville every year from the east. Every now then someone else slips in there. The west send a different team ever year. The competition is all lot better and even in the west.
  • Upvote 2

The NCS vs. UC game was the championship game this year - JMHO.

I think everybody seen this year how easy the east teams breezed thur the playoffs to make it to championship. And how the west teams fought it out in the playoffs. The west was 2 & 0 yesterday. The same 4 or 5 teams from the east make it to Cookeville every year from the east. Every now then someone else slips in there. The west send a different team ever year. The competition is all lot better and even in the west.

Edited by NCSdad1962