South Pittsburg vs Union City (Moore man vs. Bowling man)

rlh

Most of that speed mess you heard from a few delusional fans. We are proud of our boys and we have some very good backs. No need in degrading them as u are doing. Not that it would have mattered but Mr football Lankford has been injured since the 2nd rd and has not been as effective in the playoffs. UC has good backs but they also have a massive line to run behind.

I didn't degrade anybody I said I would take UC backs over SP. Even tho SP had Mr Football.
  • Upvote 1

I didn't degrade anybody I said I would take UC backs over SP. Even tho SP had Mr Football.

Ricky Henry finished the year 2015 yds. 32TDs take notice next year Mr. Football voters. Not to mention Walton over a 1000 yds. Alex Reid over 700 yds. and JaVonte Moffatt with over 700 yds. and all 4 of them will be back next year plus 4 of the 5 offensive linemen Edited by JDOGG80

Ricky Henry finished the year 2015 yds. 32TDs take notice next year Mr. Football voters. Not to mention

Should been finalist this year. Langford was as a sophomore and Henry's numbers were better this year than both times Langford was a finalist. Edited by horse

Should been mention this year. Langford was as a sophomore and Henry's numbers were better this year than both times Langford was.

I totally agree and he finished with better numbers than Lankford yea granted lankford was dealing with an injury but still there was no reason why henry shouldn't have got nominated at least.

I believe if we were in 2A this year we probably would have made it to the state championship I just don't know if we would have won it. I mean after all Trousdale Co. is on another level. 2005 was our first year in 1A and made it to the state championship and just got stomped by them and we had a real good team back then.

The '05 Jackets were the real deal! One of the best Class A teams I've ever watched play.

thanks man. I was wrong. I should have looked closer before I posted that. My bad. Congrats UC. my alum coalfield is very very small. I get a little bothered with larger 1A schools with more or better resources. Some 1A schools are soo close to being 2A

No problem...The thing is,we have been as big as 3A...We played at White House and Portland, back-to-back, in the playoffs back then...Most of the time we were 2A...We were one of the smallest 3A schools at the time and we were one of, if not the smallest, 2A team when we played the likes of Chatt Tyner and Alcoa in state championship games in the late 90's to early 2000's...So, we built those facilities playing much bigger schools and when we were bigger...My senior year in 83-84 we had close to 700 students in grades 9-12...We brought those facilities with us..Lol..bigster said something about the tractor trailer and band and whatnot....Well,we had the tractor trailer when I was in high school so that's nothing new...Matter of fact we had a MUCH larger band when I was in school than we do now....Like someone else said, we have three schools in our county, one of which is a 4A school..I guess what gets under some of the area fans skin about UC is how in the world can we have a Wal-Mart, Lowes, Applebees and now the brand new Discovery Museum and be a 1A team...If I was a fan of Gleason, Greenfield, Lake County and the like I'd be upset to trying to compete with us...We had the same problem playing schools like Westview, Milan, Humboldt back when they were bigger schools..Heck, even little ole Halls has a bigger enrollment than UC does...(Or did within the last three or four years)....Anyway, Coach Larry Shanks is credited with drumming up the local support to fund renovations to War Memorial Stadium...Coach Randy Barnes is credited with getting the multi-purpose building built...We have gone from our coaches having to get out and mow the field, mark it and all to having an entity (UC Turf Management) that does nothing but take care of all the high school fields, football, baseball,softball and all...

I just was in awe pretty much the whole game.  I will say this that for a first year head coach of that program he did a great job this year, he, his staff, and kids have nothing to be ashamed of.  I know it was a disappointing loss and there would be something wrong with folks if it was not  

The KW and HC game was awesome.  I don't think much was left on the field in that game either.  It was a shame someone had to loose that one. People got their monies worth today.   

I totally agree and he finished with better numbers than Lankford yea granted lankford was dealing with an injury but still there was no reason why henry shouldn't have got nominated at least.

We felt the same about Raquis hale when we won in 2010. He wasn't invited either. Sometimes it just goes that way. But it would mug rather have a state championship than a Mr. Football finalist.

IMO.

We felt the same about Raquis hale when we won in 2010. He wasn't invited either. Sometimes it just goes that way. But it would mug rather have a state championship than a Mr. Football finalist.

IMO.

I agree with you there but Langford well deserving of the Mr. Football very talented back just glad we were able to contain him. I believe y'all should of passed more in that game and on that 4th down don't know how good talks kicker was but I think they should of gone for the FG cause y'all would need that and a touchdown so why risk it. Kick the FG inside kick get the ball and get the TD and extra point and y'all would have won.