South Pittsburg vs Union City (Moore man vs. Bowling man)

rlh

Where was all that speed that SP was suppose to have possessed UC was strong and faster all the way across the board. I know SP player won Mr. football but I would take all 3 of UC backs over SP backs. The score was a lot closer than the game. Congrats to UC on the Gold Ball!!

It works the same here as it does in Coalfield. I know it's already been addressed but no turf field no secrets about money. We are a public school in a mostly blue collar farming community. If you want to know anything else do some research. Don't assume too much like a turf field. Just in case you are wondering about the purple paint for the field .......it was donated by a turf company who wanted to see how it would look. It will most likely never be purple again.

how is that? county money fund those things? deep pocket boosters? i know how it works at CF the community pays for charter buses and pregame meals facility - weight room upgrades. Maybe a wealthy community?

CONGRATS TO MY TORNADOES. AWESOME JOB BOYS. Congratulations to SP on a great season. The game went the way I thought it would. Once we saw what the Pirates were doing we adjusted and .....well we know the rest.

Howie.........you know.

Geno I appreciate your comments earlier.

To all you SP hosers who said we would meet before the game....

Where the heck were you. I waited in the rain at the south endzone to shake hands and the only one to show up was David Wyatt. He ain't even a coachter. Thanks guys for being there. I won't do it again.

CONGRATS TO MY TORNADOES. AWESOME JOB BOYS. Congratulations to SP on a great season. The game went the way I thought it would. Once we saw what the Pirates were doing we adjusted and .....well we know the rest.

Howie.........you know.

Where the heck were you. I waited in the rain at the south endzone to shake hands and the only one to show up was David Wyatt. He ain't even a coachter. Thanks guys for being there. I won't do it again.

Pretty sure you met Eraser? Maybe not

It works the same here as it does in Coalfield. I know it's already been addressed but no turf field no secrets about money. We are a public school in a mostly blue collar farming community. If you want to know anything else do some research. Don't assume too much like a turf field. Just in case you are wondering about the purple paint for the field .......it was donated by a turf company who wanted to see how it would look. It will most likely never be purple again.

fair enough, I tried to do a little research. Could not find out a whole lot though. Did make a wrong assumption on the field, my bad. How could i possibly know how your program can afford an indoor practice facility? just asking I'm sure there's a legit answer somewhere. If booster club paid for it or something like that, well great, someone or several donated a lot of money.

Why do you even care?

fair enough, I tried to do a little research. Could not find out a whole lot though. Did make a wrong assumption on the field, my bad. How could i possibly know how your program can afford an indoor practice facility? just asking I'm sure there's a legit answer somewhere. If booster club paid for it or something like that, well great, someone or several donated a lot of money.

I was playing for UC when the indoor facility was built and the money was from local sponsors who have been behind the program for years and wanted to do something special. They have done some great things through the years for our program. Edited by JDOGG80

"oldcoalfield88".....I can answer on the turf field house.  The money was raised by longtime supporters of the U C H S community.  Several folks donated money...some little...some small.  It is used for multi purpose for all.  We have the best football stadium...and area anywhere in Class A much less any of the 6 classifications....and ours is real grass...not turf.  Matter of fact...our football field was high school football field of the year in 2010-2011 along with ....  NFL ( Green Bay ), College ( can't remember ), High School - Union City.  Hope this helps. 

Howie.........you know.

They must have all gone to Wendy's hotel.  B)

"oldcoalfield88".....I can answer on the turf field house.  The money was raised by longtime supporters of the U C H S community.  Several folks donated money...some little...some small.  It is used for multi purpose for all.  We have the best football stadium...and area anywhere in Class A much less any of the 6 classifications....and ours is real grass...not turf.  Matter of fact...our football field was high school football field of the year in 2010-2011 along with ....  NFL ( Green Bay ), College ( can't remember ), High School - Union City.  Hope this helps. 

It does, thank you for the info. I agree about the field and stadium, looks top notch for any classification. I see so many east TN communities that try to support their program financially but come up way short of that. My wife went to UT martin she said there is alot of old money in that area(many generations farming), don't take me wrong i was honestly asking out of respectful curiosity.