Henry County Vs. West

RunninRebels

Not taking anything away from Maryville. I'm taking it away from those who hand them the championship before the season starts. I'm sure Coach Quarles himself would question the reasoning of the poster who said they'll win 3 or 4 years from now.

Don't make me list the teams from years past who took down Goliath because they didn't drink the Kool-Aid. You know I will.

Crap. I meant to not get back in this argument. But it is too easy to win, so I couldn't resist.

I never said they would win 3 or 4 years from now - I said if they make the finals in 2014 2015 and 2016 - I'd bet on them to win it in 2018. Well at least you called them Goliath - you are starting to see the current state of 6A football in Tennessee. If you want to change the current state, bring a team of coaches, players, faculty, facilities, fans, boosters and one of the strongest youth programs and traditions in the state. Reading the little engine that could over and over again will not help.

After thought - while your listing the Davids that took down Goliaths, could you also list all the Davids they got flat crushed? That should be a much easier list to compile - but probably much longer.

Edited by MeritIII

I think I can. I think I can.

You've changed my mind.

That has never happened to me and I have to admit it feels kinda weird.

Maryville is unbeatable. It's not that everyone else is so inferior. It's that Maryville is so superior! I must admit I never looked at it like that but I see your point.

Edited by FactsOnly

You've changed my mind.

Maryville is unbeatable. It's not that everyone else is so inferior. It's that Maryville is so superior! I must admit I never looked at it like that but I see your point.

I do like your sarcasm, a man after my own heart.

I just find it humorous that you want to tell the teams that face them year in and year out that the only reason they can't slay the giant is because they just don't have enough faith. Can you truly not see the flaw in that logic? 70-4 over the last 5 seasons and it all comes down to teams are defeating themselves with poor attitudes and low self esteem? Maryville has lost before an they will lose again, but it will be to a well prepared team with talent, coaching and heart. You will have to beat them, they usually do not beat themselves.

I do like your sarcasm, a man after my own heart.

I just find it humorous that you want to tell the teams that face them year in and year out that the only reason they can't slay the giant is because they just don't have enough faith. Can you truly not see the flaw in that logic? 70-4 over the last 5 seasons and it all comes down to teams are defeating themselves with poor attitudes and low self esteem? Maryville has lost before an they will lose again, but it will be to a well prepared team with talent, coaching and heart. You will have to beat them, they usually do not beat themselves.

No. Before I changed my mind, I didn't think teams are losing from lack of faith. I thought they were losing because they knew that Maryville couldn't be beat. I thought a capable team would lose because they thought Maryville would win. I thought that surely there was a capable team somewhere.

It feels so wonderful to be free from those thoughts and I have you to thank.

Had fun with this but I really should get back on topic and start talking about the 5A game. Good luck with your team. Seriously.

You've changed my mind.

I'm glad you came back to your senses .... I am just kidding btw , as I was earlier too .